Where Do I Go From Here - Building a 10 Gallon Setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NedStackey

Reaction score
Hey Guys and Gals,

I seem to be at a crossroad regarding putting together a setup in order to brew 10 Gallon batches. I've been buying equipment here and there for sometime however I'm not sure how to take the next step in a way where it makes sense as space and money may be an issue. I'm hoping for some experience and advice before I pull the trigger on the next purchase. I guess the best way to start is run through my current equipment and go through what I've been thinking in regards to a setup.

Current Equipment:
- 15 Gallon Brew Kettle
- 10 Gallon Rubbermaid mash tun
- 6 Gallon kettle (old brew kettle when doing extracts - no values) HLT
- 1 Chugger pump (I have not put this into the working set up yet but bought knowing I'd use it eventually)
- 1 Blichmann floor standing burner with leg extentions

The first things I thought I would upgrade are the mash tun and HLT by getting 2 more 15 gallon kettles and insulating the mash tun.

Right now I'm using gravity for all vessel transfers, I have an old kitchen table outside that I set the mash tun on to raise it above the brew kettle. I'd like to introduce an auto sparge rig so I don't have to pour the sparge water.

Also something to note is that I am renting and have limited space outside in my patio area. I see a lot of single tier structures which are cool but I have no welding experience and it seems most places to buy them are very expensive and have some stuff I already have.

I had thought that if I got the 2 kettles and another floor burner I could use the pump to move the sparge water from the HLT up to the mash tun on the table and gravity feed from the mash to the brew kettle. I guess my only hesitation is now I have a **** load of stuff to setup for each brew day and I'd like to make it a bit easier for me to get started. Lugging all that stuff outside every time doesn't sound fun.

So anyone else been here before? Haha. What did you go with?

Latest posts

Back