What did Santa bring you?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a gift certificate to spend a half day over at Cigar City Brewing with their brewer during a brew session and have lunch with them. The wife did good.

Santa brought me everything on my list....a complete 10 gal all grain setup. Which was what I wanted and expected but in addition I got a great set of etched glassware.

8307492097_7e9cd09574_z.jpg

50' stainless wort chiller, avvinatore, bottle tree, and a BIAB bag (not pictured) can't wait for some full boil all grain batches.

image-524109631.jpg

My wife and I got ourselves a joint gift this year. A new sewage pump.

Do you want to hear about the new in box Zoeller M267 pump I snagged at the auction last week for $73 or is now a bad time? :p

My beautiful wife got me SS net bars for my 2012 Tacoma 4x4. So rad.

You've made it to the secret chit chat area. Just one more click...

A food slicer. :rockin:

Better be a hobart. :D

Wife got me a new space heater for the garage/brewery. A coffee maker for my office, although going up stairs for every cup of coffee is all the excercise I get on a lot of days so probably not the best gift. A beard trimmer, socks and a dozen different craft brews.

We won't talk about the "gifts" I bought myself though. :D

Didn't get much for brewing. Got another extract kit (Coopers Australian Pale Ale). Looks like I've got another batch to make after my Irish Stout is bottled. Also got some money I'm going to use towards more equipment and ingredients.

She got me a book of 200 clone brew recipes and the ingredients to make a clone of Lagunitas IPA. My wife in a LHBS without me, I'm tearing up here.

I got a stir plate, 2L flask, Aquarium pump wort oxygenation system and "new to me" Keggle Mash-Tun. Woot Woot to no more BIAB. My biceps may loose a little definition but my back sure will be happy to not hold 20+ lbs of grain and hot liquid over a kettle anymore. And a bottle of Washington made John Jacob 100% Rye Whiskey.

Merry Christmas to All!

Stout faucet, nitrogen regulator, perlick 545 flow control, 64oz stainless Steel growler, refractometer! So stoked!

New running/hiking gloves. It's cold.... I was happy with it. We're broke, so we spent our money on our 3 yr old. Funny how little things are so cool when you expect nothing.

Mini keg draft system, with insulated keg sleeve
New 5# CO2 bottle
Growler filler
6 gal. Better bottle

15g kettle with valve, false bottom, bags, and temp gague and a 10g spike kettle with two welds (unfortunately not here yet). This completes my ag setup.

That sounds cool. It's the personalised stuff that means the most to me.
It's a very nice painting. However, my Christmas turned out more like a Mexican wedding. Lots of food served buffet style, family, and fighting. I've got about 3/4 of a handle of rum I'm seriously thinking about downing...

I got a 10 gallon stainless steel kettle with ball valve and temp probe! And whole bunch of kitchen stuff... A apple peeler slicer, cupcake carrier, and a cake pop maker.

I may never find out. Inlaw's will not leave so we can have our family Christmas. Would setting off the smoke detectors be rude??

Leadgolem said:
It's a very nice painting. However, my Christmas turned out more like a Mexican wedding. Lots of food served buffet style, family, and fighting. I've got about 3/4 of a handle of rum I'm seriously thinking about downing...

Lol being an Irishman living in England I have no idea what a Mexican wedding is supposed to be like, but I assume from your rum comment it isn't a good thing lol.

Lol being an Irishman living in England I have no idea what a Mexican wedding is supposed to be like, but I assume from your rum comment it isn't a good thing lol.
Usually it's ok. It's what happens when you have lots of family member who don't really get along stuck with each other for hours, and an open bar... It was just worse then usual this year.

My girlfriend got me a trip out to Asheville (for brewery tours) and a lb of citra hops. Talk about support for the hobby!

Santa was good this year, but not terribly up on brewing.

My brother went and emptied out mom's old storage unit about 10 hours south of us, then brought it to her house. I figured it contained mostly junk. Turns out, it held almost every picture taken of me before high school. I got about half of them from Santa. Ah, memories.

The wifely Santa bought me a Casio keyboard, stand, and offered up a spot in the living room to practive. Completely unexpected. Looks like it's time to learn music theory!

Pretty pumped about this:

B5C96FDC-F474-4024-BED1-E0B3DA2072CD-1344-00000104D880313D.jpg

I apparently put things on my list and then bought then myself - Birdman Brewing's Black Friday sale led me to buy a Perlick 575SS kit and I needed a 5L flask for a beer I brewed on Sunday. Oops.

Sweet, a paddle. "did you get spanked much as a kid?"

"As a kid, no."

3L bottle of Double Bastard!

Before anybody asks, I don't look happy because I have an abrasion on my cornea and can barely open the eye/ see anything due to extreme light sensitivity. I'm also on Vicodin meaning I can't drink any of it :(

image-2153077165.jpg

pdxbg said:
3L bottle of Double Bastard!

Before anybody asks, I don't look happy because I have an abrasion on my cornea and can barely open the eye/ see anything due to extreme light sensitivity. I'm also on Vicodin meaning I can't drink any of it :(

Drinking on Vicodin is fun. But not recommended.

SWMBO got me a two-keg rig with a filter kit, my daughter got me a capper and my son picked me up a bottle tree..! Got an awesome, supportive family..!

image-2581511023.jpg

image-910783380.jpg

Back