What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot to say basting in butter. [emoji23]

Grilled spicy shrimp with homemade dipping sauce made from grill roasted poblano peppers, avocado, sour cream and mayo with grilled seasoned corn and roasted potatoes. The Ferguson Crest Viognier wasn't bad either.
20170701_195944_Burst01_zpsxyntthj3.jpg

We had the big end of a beef tenderloin frozen since Xmas. Did a loverly beef stroganoff last night with part of it, and a herb encrusted roast of the biggest end tonight (with baked potato and fresh asparagus.) MMmmmmm beefy goodness.

Breakfast sandwiches on Sunday morning for the group of friends. Nothing special, but I wanted to mention it because they are so tasty.

Yesterday I made up a bunch of ABT's, but somehow the bacon got left behind, so I had to substitute with thin sliced ham. They were very good.

Tomatillos going on for salsa verde. I couldn't find Anaheims, which are typically what I use.

I use to drink the "Ruthless Rye" all the time, really liked it. I haven't seen it in a while....Is that a new one? I don't think I've seen it before. Oh, veggies are looking good too!

Ruthless is part of the fall combo pack from SN (IIRC). Usually it's coupled with Tumbler and a few others.

Yeah, I've seen it in its own 12pks too. I was more curious about the "River Ryed" IPA. I'm assuming it's a play off the popular David Duncan book, which is one of my favorites.

I must get a better camera.

Anyway, a zucchini the size of a MagLite flashlight, a generous double handful of grape tomatoes and a pound of 16-20 count shrimp generously doused in olive oil, garlic, salt and oregano. All done on the Weber kettle.

And six big shrimp left over for surf n turf tomorrow.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1499389685.209015.jpg

Ha ha! Close. I cut a pork loin into 6 and grilled one chunk. Making soup with the remainder.

When I see a 3' long, lean pork loin at the store for (like) 60 cents a pound I wonder how anybody is starving in this country. Great value in those things. Too easy to dry out on the grill though - one of the few things I'd consider doing sous vide.

When I see a 3' long, lean pork loin at the store for (like) 60 cents a pound I wonder how anybody is starving in this country. Great value in those things. Too easy to dry out on the grill though - one of the few things I'd consider doing sous vide.

Loin, not the tenderloin. Fattier. Always cook til pink in the center.

Back