What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely nothing has come in the mail lately - well, I got my usual magazines the other day.
But I have some packages on the way, one has spend a week plus in Rochester, NY, and 2 others in Springfield, MA. One has been there over a week, the other got there on Friday. None have had scans lately. Getting a bit irritated with USPS. Even though it is the week before Xmas, there should be some movement.

Yes, USPS has been struggling the last couple of weeks. There were stories of hundreds of trailers at their Indy facility (local to me) that were just sitting without being opened, scanned, and sorted due to a massive backup. I’m sure other facilities are seeing similar issues. More mail/packages and workers out with Covid have amounted to a double-whammy.

Yes, USPS has been struggling the last couple of weeks. There were stories of hundreds of trailers at their Indy facility (local to me) that were just sitting without being opened, scanned, and sorted due to a massive backup. I’m sure other facilities are seeing similar issues. More mail/packages and workers out with Covid have amounted to a double-whammy.
I talked to a postal guy today and he confirmed tht Indy has huge backups and all of NY state is running behind too. Far more shipments than usual, and less staff - on top of the changes made from the new political appointee trickling down...

Nothing...
Dang black holes at USPS facilities keep sucking in my shipments.
Waiting on a pack of Lutra from AIH that’s been stuck in Ann Arbor since last Friday and an assortment of Duotight fittings from MoreBeer.
Had plans for brew day this weekend. Ugh... Just hope the Lutra is ok.
USPS is totally FUBAR right now. I finally got a little first class package that started in NJ to go to Long Island NY that was sent to Buffalo, then Rochester where it’s sat for about a week!
0028B889-DCC3-4293-AED9-3732F690509A.jpeg

Some of the Hops Trot swag including beer tokens.

OK, frustration time.
So I ordered something on Amazon on Dec 4th, a couple more things off Ebay that weekend, so the 5th or 6th.
The Amazon was shipped 12/7, from Niagara Falls, NY, as was one of the Ebays, that one coming from Indiana. The second |Ebay was sent from Sarasota FL, on the 13th. (all going to Boston area.) Guess which one arrived last night / this morning?
More frustration since the Amazon one was supposed to be a Channukkah gift.

Well, not in the mail, and not today, but yesterday afternoon got my order from Atlantic Brew Supply via UPS Ground (two days!)... 9 lbs of LME, 2 lbs of crushed grain, 3 oz of hops, and a bag of Cali lager Wyeast for an American Pale Ale I plan to brew up on New Years day to start 2021 on the right foot!

I'll get to use my new Pyrex liter flask and the stir plate I got earlier this month!...can't wait...

Recent order from AIH. Received an email yesterday indicating delivery was 2 to 3 weeks. I received order/package today. Did I age 2 to 3 weeks that quickly?

Sweet! I’ve ordered from AIH a few times in the last two months and they’ve been as fast as ever. UPS has also been on their game.

Dan

After ordering from Amazon, I expected the order sometime between Christmas and New Years (per the confirmation email)... Imagine my delight when I found two packages on my porch on Christmas Eve!!

55#'s of Breiss two row and my new Cereal Killer grain mill! What Brothers Brewing will be concocting a brew to start the New Year, an original APA and then a California Common... YAY 😁

After ordering from Amazon, I expected the order sometime between Christmas and New Years (per the confirmation email)... Imagine my delight when I found two packages on my porch on Christmas Eve!!

55#'s of Breiss two row and my new Cereal Killer grain mill! What Brothers Brewing will be concocting a brew to start the New Year, an original APA and then a California Common... YAY 😁

I hope Santa was wearing his mask when he delivered to you!

Last order from the amazon xmas $$ came today; a growler filler. I have a counterpressure bottle filler, but it's a hassle to set up. This is the one that fits into the tap with a 12" hose. Tested it today with a bottle for a coworker, need to tweak it a bit but didn't lose as much to foam as I do when I just fill from the tap. Now I just need some competitions so I can fill more bottles....

Last order from the amazon xmas $$ came today; a growler filler. I have a counterpressure bottle filler, but it's a hassle to set up. This is the one that fits into the tap with a 12" hose. Tested it today with a bottle for a coworker, need to tweak it a bit but didn't lose as much to foam as I do when I just fill from the tap. Now I just need some competitions so I can fill more bottles....
When you have a moment can you share a link to it? I’m curious and may get one myself.

When you have a moment can you share a link to it? I’m curious and may get one myself.
You bet! Just google "growler filler" on Amazon and it comes right up. The tubing isn't clear vinyl like it looks, it's silicone. I've learned that you need to let the tubing completely fill without any air to get a good fill in your bottle/growler. Fits all four of my oddball taps just fine. Also might want to purge some extra co2 from the keg before attempting to fill. Well worth the $9.99 I paid for it.
1609454086922.png
1609454086922.png

I received an Exchillerator Hangover as a gift. The knob on the thumbscrew was shattered despite careful packing.
I placed a call to Exchillerator on Saturday after Christmas and received a replacement today!
Great service!

ABS and UPS comes thru again! Got their in-house "Munich In Tents" kit today along with a pound of light DME (for starters) and 5 pounds of corn sugar (for priming). I'm planning to pitch some 2112 from the bottom of the current beer in the fermenter into the kit and see how that works... if not, there's a pack of Safale US-05 as back-up.

Back