What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet!

And, um, not yours yet. Need that written document.

d81e122cf880f7750d2cb8085ae5316b17c2664312715ca89aedb65cfaab1e03.jpg

What came in the mail for me today? Nothing ... absolutely nothing. Because FedEx has apparently switched to shipping packages in carts pulled by ponies. Old, fat, lame ponies.

Tomorrow will be 7 days late from the original delivery date (170 miles).

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

2 bottling buckets. I'm going to start fermenting in these and retire the glass carboys. I got scerd after hearing all those horror stories.

2 bottling buckets. I'm going to start fermenting in these and retire the glass carboys. I got scerd after hearing all those horror stories.
22 years brewing (with 4 years off in the middle) and never had an infection. Only occasionally used a carboy or demi-john for long term aging.

The valve is your weak point. Keep it clean. Star san the crap out of it before draining the bucket. Put a condom on it if you have a spider or insect issues.

Cleaning is easy. Hot water soak. Wipe it down with cloth diaper, used t-shirt or those dustless painters rags (white). Never store anything in your fermentors but maybe that cotton rag. Everyone will say Oxyclean or PDW or whatever but it really is not required...just hot water and patience and soft cotton rag.

A monthly calender from American Legion; two or three random junk mail pieces; catalog from "The Glock Store"; and another junk mail advertisement. Why, what you get?

22 years brewing (with 4 years off in the middle) and never had an infection. Only occasionally used a carboy or demi-john for long term aging.

The valve is your weak point. Keep it clean. Star san the crap out of it before draining the bucket. Put a condom on it if you have a spider or insect issues.

Cleaning is easy. Hot water soak. Wipe it down with cloth diaper, used t-shirt or those dustless painters rags (white). Never store anything in your fermentors but maybe that cotton rag. Everyone will say Oxyclean or PDW or whatever but it really is not required...just hot water and patience and soft cotton rag.

Thanks for the advice can't wait til next brew day!

Nice! I always look into ordering glasses then change my mind because shipping is so much. I think they were the cheapest on shipping out of all the breweries' websites I've looked at.

Exactly. $5 to ship, but it was $10 to ship two.

Cheapo spray nozzle from eBay, gonna work on some sort of cip system. From quick test looks like I'm gonna need to use something other than my chugger pump, it takes a good bit of pressure to get any type of real spray outta this thing.

Water, Malt, Hops and Yeast... The Reinheitsgebot Library. Just a little light reading. :)

Some silicone o-rings for my kegs. A bag of 100 ea for the posts and tubes and a bag of 5 for the lid.

a lot of empty boxes:

WP_20150303_16_00_41_Pro.jpg

oh, and a few other things:

WP_20150303_16_00_49_Pro.jpg

15 gal 2 weld brew kettle w/ valve and therm

5 converted ball lock kegs (2 actually were regular pin locks - sent MoreBeer an email, within an hour they had shipped 2 of the ball locks and sent return shipping labels :mug:)

Mark's Keg Washer

Oxygenation kit

Star San and PBW

An Etekcity pH meter that apparently is sucky according to recent posts. Too bad I didn't research before buying. Oh well, maybe I'll have a different experience??? 😂

From Kegconnection

4 Faucet Basic Homebrew Kegerator Kit (for draft)
Taprite Regulator, Double Gauge & 5/16" Gas Line Assembly (for force carb)

WP_20150304_17_36_13_Pro.jpg

Back