What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That went down fast. Finally getting my taste and smell back! Wow, that's pretty good! 😁

Mason and Sadie are not, I believe, Iditarod material. I can barely get them to chase balls... Gen-Z Labs. So lazy! 🤣

View attachment 846460
🤣 Beautiful dogs. And the beer looks pretty good, too. Today’s venue on the trek west finds us in Ft. Stockton. Hot and dusty, 95F!
In April!

Luckily I picked up a six pack of a delicious Kolsch from a brewery in Fredericksburg, TX, which is an historic German settlement. The brewery is Altstadt Brewing, so it was a leap of faith to try their Kolsch, since asking for Kolsch in Altstadt in Düsseldorf will likely get you thrown out on the street.

This particular brewery specializes only in German beers, and I hear their Alt is very authentic, along with their Pils and Hefeweizen, though I didn’t try them. The Kolsch is legit, made with authentic hops and malts, as are all their beers, and certainly reminds me of many I enjoyed over the years in both Koln and Düsseldorf.

🤣 Beautiful dogs. And the beer looks pretty good, too. Today’s venue on the trek west finds us in Ft. Stockton. Hot and dusty, 95F!
In April!

Luckily I picked up a six pack of a delicious Kolsch from a brewery in Fredericksburg, TX, which is an historic German settlement. The brewery is Altstadt Brewing, so it was a leap of faith to try their Kolsch, since asking for Kolsch in Altstadt in Düsseldorf will likely get you thrown out on the street.

This particular brewery specializes only in German beers, and I hear their Alt is very authentic, along with their Pils and Hefeweizen, though I didn’t try them. The Kolsch is legit, made with authentic hops and malts, as are all their beers, and certainly reminds me of many I enjoyed over the years in both Koln and Düsseldorf.
Thanks, my son picked out the labs. German beers are not my area of expertise but I've been known to enjoy Altstadt from time to time. Our local big box grocery sells several styles. It is unusually warm this spring. Sounds like you enjoyed your trip. Funny enough we moved here 30yrs ago this August from Santa Cruz, CA but the uptick in expansion has been absurd in the last 15 or so. 🍻

SNPA sounds good again. Watching Arnie's Total Recall with dog. Life is good.

PXL_20240415_002807895.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

There's a William Sonoma outlet near me that has the high end stuff like Spieglau et al that are usually on sale. Sometimes really on sale. I usually go hunting and if it's lower than say Targets glasses I see it as free 😎

I also find that Crate and Barrel/Pottery Barn have their own brand sometimes at a good price. I find the quality pretty good too.

I think I bought a two dozen box of good quality wine glasses for $25 at Crate and Barrel once. Therefore I have no problem if someone breaks one
I’ll check the Williams&Sonoma and Crate and Barrel websites. Thanks for the suggestion.

I bought this glass from Human Robot in Philly. .3 liter / 12.9 oz ish. Perfect for a 12 oz pour. Been looking for a few more since with no luck. $8 each plus $10 shipping. Might just order a t-shirt and 3 more glasses. 🤷‍♂️

Chuckanut Pils in a .3 liter Human Robot glass …

:mug:

Attachments

• IMG_2755.jpeg
    IMG_2755.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Oh, yes. I was all over that, but sadly they discontinued that glassware. I even called their customer service to see if they had any remaining inventory, but nobody ever got back to me. Sad, ‘cause it was exactly what I was looking for.
Sorry about that. Webstaraunt dot com has 10.5 oz collins glasses for around 15 /case of 12. They only ship to business addresses.

I know there's all kinds of micro gins out there, but I think no gin is better in a G&T than Tanqueray. It tastes like a gin and tonic. It has that biting *snap* that punches through the tonic water.

It sure makes a nice G&T.
“They got a motel by the water
And a quart of Bombay gin
The road goes on forever
and the party never ends…”

If it’s good enough to be name checked in the lyrics of a really good song, it’s good enough for me. 😎

I’ll check the Williams&Sonoma and Crate and Barrel websites. Thanks for the suggestion.
Oooh! This is funny. Late night googling rabbit hole.

So I'm like maybe getting a kranz would be simpler. Zing! A couple of different sesrch patterns and when in doubt where's the answer!?!!!!!

HBT

Check out the link that still works where he tells where the glasses are from. You're welcome 😁

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/kölsch-kranz.326641/

https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/kitchen/glasses-and-mugs/45168-kolsch-beer-glasses?item=50K1101

Sorry about that. Webstaraunt dot com has 10.5 oz collins glasses for around 15 /case of 12. They only ship to business addresses.
You sure? I just recently bought a stainless steel utility sink from them and it shipped to my house. I'm nobody's business. ;)

Hard to beat for $1.99 each. There’s one of those about 1/2 hr from me in Lancaster PA. They have everything drink related
I’m about an hour from Lancaster (though not at the moment; we’re visiting with the aliens in Roswell, NM, tonight). This gives me a double-excuse to visit Troeg’s. As if I really an excuse.

I’m about an hour from Lancaster (though not at the moment; we’re visiting with the aliens in Roswell, NM, tonight). This gives me a double-excuse to visit Troeg’s. As if I really an excuse.
Hershey and Troegs is probably less than a hour from the outlets there. I got all kinds of good stuff from Reading China & Glass. Whiskey rocks glasses, wine glasses, Glencairn glasses, every kind of beer glass. They sell glass carboys too.

Oooh! This is funny. Late night googling rabbit hole.

So I'm like maybe getting a kranz would be simpler. Zing! A couple of different sesrch patterns and when in doubt where's the answer!?!!!!!

HBT

Check out the link that still works where he tells where the glasses are from. You're welcome 😁

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/kölsch-kranz.326641/

https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/kitchen/glasses-and-mugs/45168-kolsch-beer-glasses?item=50K1101

OK, there's my next woodworking project. And a dozen Stangen for $27.50. I'm in!

Back