Weird house / real estate listings.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kent88

Sometimes I have to remind myself
Staff member
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Do you like to look at houses for sale, and occasionally find some weird stuff?

Post your "gems".

For Boulder that is a relatively cheap home. I had friends considering moving up there who struggled to find anything below a million. The place they were close to putting in an offer was on the outskirts of town in a house that needed complete renovation plus some structural work. Probably needed $150-200k of work. It was listed at $900k and at the time probably sold for over $950k if not a million.

Floorplan seems disjointed and it's not my style, but the only thing I truly found "weird" was that there was absolutely no separation between the master bedroom and master bathroom. Nothing a little framing and drywall won't fix...

Again, the only weird thing I see here is that there's no bath/shower. But clearly this is a rustic weekend cabin sort of situation, and what you're really paying for is 5+ acres of land and owning shoreline.

Two types of people would buy that place. The first would be very outdoorsy people who want it for a weekend getaway, and maybe can deal with the concept of the dry shower if they're only there 2-3 days at a time. The second are people who are going to view it as a teardown and build something much more impressive on 5+ acres of land.

Two types of people would buy that place. The first would be very outdoorsy people who want it for a weekend getaway, and maybe can deal with the concept of the dry shower if they're only there 2-3 days at a time. The second are people who are going to view it as a teardown and build something much more impressive on 5+ acres of land.
Possibly a third - Ted Kaczynski.

the only thing I truly found "weird" was that there was absolutely no separation between the master bedroom and master bathroom.

If you are referring to what I think, that isn't between a bedroom and a bathroom. The other side of that doorway (that I don't think had a door?) was the kitchen, not a bedroom.

Unless that giant bathroom is also supposed to have a bed in it? I'd put a fancy tub in there.

If you are referring to what I think, that isn't between a bedroom and a bathroom. The other side of that doorway (that I don't think had a door?) was the kitchen, not a bedroom.

Unless that giant bathroom is also supposed to have a bed in it? I'd put a fancy tub in there.

This one. Looks like the master bedroom to me. And yeah, you're right, it's right off the kitchen.

The more I look at some of the pictures, the more weird this house is looking in other ways too. So I'm changing my position on that ;-)
1666302069978.png

Hahaha, never thought about looking for "gems". Whenever I travel thought, everyone in the car is on Zillow checking home prices. Our trip to southern California (Anaheim, San Diego, and LA) was quite fun. Don't even show up unless you want to spend a million. That first house you posted is a bi-level. What a crazy concept. So popular when I was a kid in the 70's, but as an adult I realize half your floor space is basically in a basement and the upper floor is too small. Not to mention having to make a choice which stairs to climb whenever you enter your home.

This one. Looks like the master bedroom to me. And yeah, you're right, it's right off the kitchen.

The more I look at some of the pictures, the more weird this house is looking in other ways too. So I'm changing my position on that ;-)
View attachment 784241

That's also supposed to be a bedroom???

I thought it was just an incredibly spacious bathroom.

People are weird.

well when i was in jail, i was so comfortable showering naked in front of the old woman handing me my psyche meds through the bars the other inmates were embaressed...held up a towel for me? me personaly i was content just to walk butt naked around the whole place old woman or not.....

i mean if it turns her on, either find new work. or ask the guards to let us romp....

and yes @Kent88 your resurection of ismellweird, has possed me! so it's your fault! i know this is off topic, so i wonder what the winchester house is going for these days?

This listing had all of those homey signs up everywhere, they even had a Starbucks coffee shop playset for the kids... the bedroom had one of those signs too, but it was a bit different

Floorplan seems disjointed and it's not my style, but the only thing I truly found "weird" was that there was absolutely no separation between the master bedroom and master bathroom. Nothing a little framing and drywall won't fix...

Again, the only weird thing I see here is that there's no bath/shower. But clearly this is a rustic weekend cabin sort of situation, and what you're really paying for is 5+ acres of land and owning shoreline.

That’s a hunting cabin. You’re paying to hunt on your own land and have a group of people there every weekend during hunting season. There’s likely a well outside and “showers” consist of dousing yourself with ice cold water.

This is what happens when people try to force an old home to meet new build expectations of large open rooms. I'd guess this was an owner remodel where they worked room by room which explains why some of the rooms look like they still need a lot of work. I'd also guess that main floor had a completely different floorplan when it was built.

Back