vigourus fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxford brewer

Reaction score
Could i expect a more vigourus fermentation in a brew that i have thrown together myself(2.5 gallon boil in a stockpot added to cooled boiled water to make 5gallons) compared to the previous no-boil kits i have done.I used 2 packs of muntons dried yeast that i had earlier rehydrated and proofed with a teaspoon of corn sugar,( that is how i normally start the yeast)?
The recipe contained 3.6kg of light LME, 500g of dark spraymalt, 500g of amber malt grain steeped for 30mins.
Would that amount of malt cause my Krausen to rise like never before;) and block my airlock...time after time... for about 12 hours?Lucky these vessels are made of a harder plastic and with a screw on 4 inch lid with a hole for the rubber bung,rather than the bottling/brewing buckets with a snap on lid me think:D :D

Sounds normal to me! You didn't need two packets of dried yeast (1 would do it) and pitching it dry is fine - no need to re-hydrate it. Save 'starters' for liquid yeast. I love it when thinner plastic primary buckets bulge and the airlock stands at a 75º angle for a few days!:D

Back