Very short primary directly to serving?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarsnik

Reaction score
I have no beer. I brewed a low gravity pale ale, 1.045 OG, and pitched a reasonably large starter in order to get it on tap soon. Would a week in primary then directly to a corny for a short conditioning be long enough to make it palatable?

you could make it,cold crashing to clear while you carb it. Kegs right? may be a little green at first but you can. its your beer. i have had good beer in 2 weeks. as long as its low gravity and simple. try it and let us know how it went.

If your process is good then I don't see why not. Big breweries can pump out beer very quickly because they have good control. Homebrews often need more time so that the yeast can clean up any offlavors due to lack of control. If your beer tastes fine at the end of the primary go ahead an keg it. It certainly doesn't hurt to wait. You can always let it condition longer in the keg if it tastes a little green

Yeah I suppose I should just taste it and decide. I was just wondering if anyone had done this so I'd have a precedent to work off of.

I'd say my process is fairly dialed in, but my concern is that my chilling water was 78F so I had to pitch the yeast (1056 ale) at those temps which might have developed some off flavors that need cleaning up.

It's fermenting in a controlled fridge now at 67F.

Latest posts

Back