The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a soap with zombies.

As a soap I think it's failed because I don't really care about any of the characters anymore (well maybe the zombies.)

and lots of gore and zombies !!! not to mention it's entertaining to see the "community develop. I wonder how this next season is going to be.... the new comers and the original crew.... might be entertaining.

Not necessarily related to your sentiment here, but have you caught any of Copper on BBC America? My wife and I have been watching from the beginning and we really like it a lot. I actually work in the area that the show is based which obviously is pretty cool to me.

Bad news...

BBC America’s ‘Copper’ Cancelled After Two Seasons

By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Thursday September 19, 2013 @ 2:56pm PDT
Tags: BBC America, Copper

Nellie Andreeva
There will be no third season for BBC’s period drama Copper, whose second-season finale this Sunday will be a series finale. Copper, BBC America‘s first original scripted series, got off to a strong start, setting a record for a BBC America series premiere. But, despite a cast infusion with Donal Logue and Alfre Woodard joining the series in Season 2, Copper lost momentum and was overshadowed by BBC America’s second drama series, the buzzy Orphan Black. “Copper has been a fascinating and exciting experience for everyone involved,” said BBC America GM Perry Simon. “The opportunity to work with (executive producers) Tom Fontana, Barry Levinson, Will Rokos, Thomas Kelly and the extraordinary cast and crew on this journey is one that we are extremely proud of. Their vision to re-tell the immigrant experience through the melting pot of New York City was an original and fresh idea that melded well with the essence of BBC America’s programming. After 23 episodes, with Lincoln dead and the nation starting to heal, it seems a fitting moment to conclude this American story.”

TV Editor Nellie Andreeva - tip her here.

How did everyone like last night's episode?

On Talking Dead, they had some speculation of the virus possibly mutating, and becoming airborne. What do you guys think is going on?

If kinda felt like the first half of a disaster movie.

They showed all the happy people, lots of smiles etc etc and then...BOOM! Earthquakes, tsunamis, and shark filled tornadoes start killing off the previously happy people.

I think that show was setting up a lot of what is going to happen in the rest of the season, beyond the immediate that they set up in the last scene

If kinda felt like the first half of a disaster movie.

They showed all the happy people, lots of smiles etc etc and then...BOOM! Earthquakes, tsunamis, and shark filled tornadoes start killing off the previously happy people.

I think that show was setting up a lot of what is going to happen in the rest of the season, beyond the immediate that they set up in the last scene

"30 days without accident" hardly makes for a good zombie show.

I think it's pretty safe to say that they have a water issue, which is why the pig and boy died. There were many visual foreshadows to that end.

I'd be surprised if the prison is still home come the last 1/3 of the season. I'd also be surprised if the governor comes back in play until the latter part of the season, I think he'll be more likely to be around next season.

Generally an OK start to the season, nothing great but certainly nice possibilities laid out.

How did everyone like last night's episode?

On Talking Dead, they had some speculation of the virus possibly mutating, and becoming airborne. What do you guys think is going on?

"30 days without accident" hardly makes for a good zombie show.

I think it's pretty safe to say that they have a water issue, which is why the pig and boy died. There were many visual foreshadows to that end.

I'd be surprised if the prison is still home come the last 1/3 of the season. I'd also be surprised if the governor comes back in play until the latter part of the season, I think he'll be more likely to be around next season.

Generally an OK start to the season, nothing great but certainly nice possibilities laid out.

Yes and yes.

Lots of foreshadowing. I called it on the lady's husband being a zombie. I had a feeling something was going to happen to that new guy who went on the run. The one whose girlfriend didn't want to say goodbye. Wasn't sure, but I called zombie husband pretty quick.

I think the pig is foreshadowing a mutation. Zombie pig!

Hadn't thought they were trying to say something with the water. I figured there at the end with the shower dripping to a stop was a metaphor for the life running out of the kid.

Water is always a concern though.

I had the same guesses about the ladies husband and the new guy on the run. I thought the zombies raining down from the sky was a pretty awesome scene. I'd like to see more of that

I've only been watching on Netflix when I can, so I'm not anywhere near where y'all are at and I have not read any comments. I'm just up to where Lori "had" the baby in the prison. Rick went in all nuts like. I get the feeling he's about to become a big A-hole. don't tell me if I'm right or wrong as I'll find out.

girl, talking about zombies: they're not dead, they're just different
me: bet I can guess your parents' political affiliation

also: can't suspend disbelief enough to think that any liquor is left on any shelves no matter what kind of apocalypse there is

lastly: cases & cases of Sweetwater Brewing Company & Terrapin Beer Company just sitting there

girl, talking about zombies: they're not dead, they're just different
me: bet I can guess your parents' political affiliation

also: can't suspend disbelief enough to think that any liquor is left on any shelves no matter what kind of apocalypse there is

lastly: cases & cases of Sweetwater Brewing Company & Terrapin Beer Company just sitting there

I was sitting there thinking how many cases I would grab. I know its the end of the world and all that but you might as well try and enjoy the small things before a zombie chomps your face.

I was sitting there thinking how many cases I would grab. I know its the end of the world and all that but you might as well try and enjoy the small things before a zombie chomps your face.

You realize you're talking about beer that has sat in a store without air conditioning in the Deep South for at least 2 summers.

You realize you're talking about beer that has sat in a store without air conditioning in the Deep South for at least 2 summers.

It really can't be any worse than the life that they are living...if it were me...I wouldn't care if it tasted like skunk piss if it gave me a buzz...lol...temporary escape from zombies for a little while!

"Its just ahead".

Just a head.

Eddie the 'ead. Bet he looked like this:

iron-maiden.jpg

I just couldn't get over how immaculately clean organized and fully stocked that store was, oh and look the door is unlocked!

I think it's only a matter of time before we see mutated zombies...smart, or strong, etc. It's inevitable for any long drawn out story involving the undead. The story must be made fresh.

I just hope this season is better than last. Last was a soap opera set in a zombie backdrop. The story line could have been based around anything....post WW2 Germany, deep space mission gone bad, wild west sheriffs vs. outlaws. This first episode at least involved the zombies again as a more prominent role.

I liked the little dramatic pause before Patrick bit into the sleeping dude's neck, as if he had to tell himself this is what he does now to eat. Maybe I read into that a bit.

Think Tyrese is going to go all Rick now? He had that George McFly "Get your meathooks off" look going on after seeing his crispy girlfriend.

Zuljin said:
Zombies in the water. That's my theory.

Could be. I was thinking the zombies were decaying, worms eat the zombies, pigs eat the worms, people eat the pigs. Of course, now all the pigs are gone...

They need a giant earth mover to dig a huge pit.

Dangle a pig or even a person over the pit with a crane and collect Zeds.

Kinda like a big bug zapper.

the noisemaker is a good idea, but they need to put it well away from the prison and especially not on a fence

did they NOT WATCH the last episode?

I don't see why they're letting so many zombies hang out by the fences. Especially after they almost pushed through. Those are easy picking. They should have a two or three person team walking the fences all the time to poke the zeds in their heads.

And who the hell is feeding them rats? Maybe that girl who said they were "just different"? It looks like they were fed from the inside.

And did Carol confess to killing those two in the courtyard? I missed exactly what was said.

I don't see why they're letting so many zombies hang out by the fences. Especially after they almost pushed through. Those are easy picking. They should have a two or three person team walking the fences all the time to poke the zeds in their heads.

I thought the exact same thing.

And who the hell is feeding them rats? Maybe that girl who said they were "just different"? It looks like they were fed from the inside.

No idea. Doubt it's the girl though. Remember, Hershel and his family used to think the exact same thing back in season two.

And did Carol confess to killing those two in the courtyard? I missed exactly what was said.

Yes. I have to admit I didn't see it coming whatsoever.

I didn't get that either. How much effort is it to have someone pass by on patrol every so often and head-stab the zombies that are too close to the fence? I know they have to burn the bodies, but still...

Back