Tell me I didnt just waste 4 hours!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breez7

Reaction score
So brew day went perfect... untill I dumped five gallons of wort on top of .25 - .5 gal of star san (diluted as recommended). So here is the infamous question: Is it ruined? or is it worth fermenting and eventually safe to drink???? Thanks everyone.

It'll be safe to drink. A little more diluted than you would like, but all in all the beer will be fine. Just let it go.

i would brew some more and dilute with more beer....the solution to pollution is dilution.

awesome thats what I needed to hear. The BYO mag inspired me to make my first black IPA. I made it kinda big at 1.075 so I'm not worried about it being too diluted but just wanted to make sure it was safe. I originally named it "hops in the dark" but might need to change it now that this happend...

awesome thats what I needed to hear. The BYO mag inspired me to make my first black IPA. I made it kinda big at 1.075 so I'm not worried about it being too diluted but just wanted to make sure it was safe. I originally named it "hops in the dark" but might need to change it now that this happend...

Deschutes just put out a beer called that. :)

Back