Star Wars Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thekraken

Reaction score
So I think we need to come up with a star wars inspired brew. What style would they have drank a long time ago in a galaxy far, far way?

Ideas?

Maybe a light side pale ale and a dark side stout?

How about an ipa with millennium and falconers flight hops.

So millennium for bittering, falconers for aroma, some kind of berry in the secondary and we have the perfect chewbacca beer! We need to investigate further.

Haha, "I Have a Bad Feeling About This" double IPA is a great name

Edit: "It's a trap" triple IPA even better

Mos Eisley needs a lager for those hot summer days on Tatooine. Probably with some weird exotic fruit mixed in.

How about Star Destroyer Imperial Stout for a big bad beer?

Mos Eisley needs a lager for those hot summer days on Tatooine. Probably with some weird exotic fruit mixed in.

"Obi-Wan Kenobi warned Luke Skywalker that he’d never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy than Mos Eisley spaceport, and he was right."

I'm thinking farmhouse ale or a sour?

This is brilliant. I especially like the light side/dark side idea. Maybe this is a good opportunity for a white stout

Toppling Goliath has Light Speed, which used to be named Millenium Falcon (Im sure Lucasfilms put the kabosh on that)

http://www.tgbrews.com/beer.html#light

Found this too, although Im pretty sure its not a commercial beer.

58560f31d435226d0f197986086df4f5.jpg

This is brilliant. I especially like the light side/dark side idea. Maybe this is a good opportunity for a white stout

Best call it a light stout or something so as not to be confused with these #boycottstarwarsvii morons.

Haha, "I Have a Bad Feeling About This" double IPA is a great name

Edit: "It's a trap" triple IPA even better

Better to contact a benedicting monastery and have them release "It's A Trap!" as a Trappist Trippel

I have one more on my computer at home, it has the picture of a crispy Uncle Owen called Tatooine Smoked Porter :p

The more I think about it the more I'm liking the idea of a Tatooine Farmhouse Ale. But that will have to wait for this summer... Right now I'm leaning toward an Imperial Destroyer Stout, but that also seems like it's too late to brew. Something deserving of that name would need to age before next winter.

I didn't want to sub to this and the mess that will surely ensue but... I'll bite. To go along with the light/dark side idea, a pair to make black & tans would be sexy.

Death's Tar - a Galactic Imperial Stout

That one's taken. It's a bourbon barrel RIS that Revolution Brewing in Chicago makes in their Deep Wood series. It's named after their head honcho, Josh Deth, and it's called Deth's Tar. Great minds think alike I guess

Alright, lets formulate something.

@Homercidal - The Imperial Strikes Black - An imperial black IPA(/cascadian dark ale/whatever you want to call it)?

Anyone have a good base recipe for a bipa?

Alright, lets formulate something.

@Homercidal - The Imperial Strikes Black - An imperial black IPA(/cascadian dark ale/whatever you want to call it)?

Anyone have a good base recipe for a bipa?

Perhaps we could do a "Big Brew Day" type event every May 4th with the chosen recipe?

Apologies to the person whose photo I stole, but is this Alderaan Ale?
View attachment 311075

Lol

This joke didn't hit me until about 5 minutes later while I was doing something else. I had just assumed you were legitimately asking a question. I either need my morning coffee or it's time for Star Wars marathon.

@geoffm33 - That's a cool idea. But we should get some stuff ready for the movie release too.

Back