stained SS chronical.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cacm2226

The Scottish Kilt
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I fermented my first beer with my SS Chronical and the krausen left a very difficult krausen stain to remove. Ive fermented with glass carboys for the past 2 years and never observed the krausen form a black edge at the top of the krausen line or a pink hue in to it as it did in the SS chronical. The chronical was cleaned with TSP as instructed and soaked in starsan for 20 minutes per instruciton prior to its first use. Any ideas or suggestions from those who use SS fermentors? thank you in advance.

I have a 14 gallon Chronical that kinda had this problem. Nothing with SS brewtech it's just stainless. My stainless kettles get stains all the time. I put on dishwashing gloves(very important) and take a sponge with a little undiluted Starsan(strait out of the bottle ) and wipe it out. It takes care of it every time.

I use a warm/hot oxyclean soak and have been able to get all krausen out of fermenters and beer stone out of kettles.

cheers!

Another vote for barkeepers friend. Works so well I've gotten the kitchen at work to start stocking it. Makes things too easy

Back