Sabco Fermenter and Brite Tank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ziggy13

Reaction score
Anybody on here use the Sabco carb wand with their carb stone to carbonate beer in a Sabco fermenter/brite tank. I love them, but one thing that is a giant pain in the arse is getting the co2 hose off the barb of the carb wand every time.

We're using metal clamps to tighten the hose, and those come off fairly easy and probably aren't even needed really, because the hose is so damn tight on the barb. We've got to stick a screwdriver in there to loosen it every time, and it's just a pain when you're kegging every single day.

I can't be the first person to have this issue, but thus far my research hasn't turned up anything to improve the situation. I was thinking there has to be some sort of quick disconnect type setup that we could use so we don't have to forcefully remove the co2 hose every time we want to move the wand or kegs around. Any ideas?

Ha! Ya know what's funny is that right after I posted this my brewer suggest we use bigger tubing and just continue to use a clamp to seal it. Great minds think alike day_trippr and apparently I am not on the same page as you guys :)

You were right about not needing to use clamps, I don't use them and I've never had any problems with gas leaking. I kind of developed a technique to remove the hose by using circular movements and pulling it up, but I agree it's frustrating at first.

Back