Russia now owns PBR

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There goes Stroh's too. I could never get them to give me the recipe for their bock beer we all loved back in the 70's.

Detroit boy sad to see the Russki's get the Stroh's brand as well !

But other than that - take it !
Never been a fan of PBR

The Stroh's recipe has changed since the old days. but their bock was the shiz! I still miss getting some Stroh's now & then...Good old Bohemian style beer.

Just saw on the interweb that a Russian firm Oasis Beverages will be acquiring Pabst Blue Ribbon.

In America, beer makes oasis.
In Soviet Russia, Oasis makes beer!

12229-2.jpg

PBR is perhaps one of the last true bastions of swill on the planet, so let the Russians (and hipsters!) have it. I wouldn't marinate meat with that s**t.

Cheers,
--
Don

So, does this mean it will now be NBP?

That's got to be the funniest thing I've read in a while!

Actually, though, russians do very frequently transliterate foreign words into cyrillic characters i.e. learn the character set and you can read a whole lot of "russian" because it's transliterated english.

Dmaned I can't believe some one bought that. I guess if it opens up the maker to them it might work.

Back