Omega OYL-002 American Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Liquid yeast isn't it? If so, then it is going to depend on how fresh it is and how much wort you are pitching to along with the OG.

So if it's reasonably fresh, just pitch it. But make sure you pitch at least the minimum recommended for your wort. Some yeast suppliers have a pitch calculator or something to help you figure it out. Or just use the one at Brewer's Friend which is a link at the top of any of these pages here at Homebrew Talk.

If you are cheaping out and only wanting to use 1 package, then you'll probably need to make a starter and build up your cell count.

FYI, I've never used liquid yeast. So this response is more just to bump you post and get it noticed. Dry yeast is so much easier to use for me. And comes in so many different varieties now.

Last edited:
Liquid yeast isn't it? If so, then it is going to depend on how fresh it is and how much wort you are pitching to along with the OG.

So if it's reasonably fresh, just pitch it. But make sure you pitch at least the minimum recommended for your wort. Some yeast suppliers have a pitch calculator or something to help you figure it out. Or just use the one at Brewer's Friend which is a link at the top of any of these pages here at Homebrew Talk.

If you are cheaping out and only wanting to use 1 package, then you'll probably need to make a starter and build up your cell count.

FYI, I've never used liquid yeast. So this response is more just to bump you post and get it noticed. Dry yeast is so much easier to use for me. And comes in so many different varieties now.
BeerSmith always says I need 2-3 packs. I have to run that down. In this case, the manufacture date one the yeast is April, so fresh. OG is 1050 I believe. I will just pitch.

Back