RIP my trusty old Corona Mill friend.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What happened to your good friend Corona? I always thought they were pretty much indestructible.

Enjoy your new CK!

I remember my Phil Mill still today! 2 liter bottle and all! now i have a JSP Malt Mill, with a 5 gal bucket for a hopper, and a permanently attached harbor freight drill...

i ended parting ways with the brew club, by giving them the phil mill. because they wanted to start charging dues to buy their equip, so they didn't have to go to work as much!

The Corona is not dead. I just wanted to try something different. The Cereal Killer is in budget, the Buy Once Cry Once Spike electric brew system is not in budget. The corona will be held in reserve. Hope the Cereal Killer works as well. I set the Corona in 2012, moved and did some adjusting in 2017. Not bad, two adjustments in about 5 years.

The Corona is not dead. I just wanted to try something different. The Cereal Killer is in budget, the Buy Once Cry Once Spike electric brew system is not in budget. The corona will be held in reserve. Hope the Cereal Killer works as well. I set the Corona in 2012, moved and did some adjusting in 2017. Not bad, two adjustments in about 5 years.
Money very well spent, great upgrade to your brewery as well.

Got the Cereal Killer and some grain. Now I need to mount the mill in place of the Corona.
20181020_111257.jpeg

First brew with grain milled with the Cereal killer. One of the lock screws slipped and the grain stopped going through. Quick reset and everything worked well. Gained a tiny bit of efficiency. It milled the grain slightly faster than I could with the Corona mill. Satisfied!, thus far.
20181025_133756.jpeg

Congrats I see you got the new model with the bearings for the rollers I am looking at this mill and the Malt Muncher myself I am getting sick of the inconsistent crush I get from buying all over the place. I also BIAB so I want a good fine crush. Glad to see you wasted no time putting it to work hopefully you get many years of good service from it

Congrats I see you got the new model with the bearings for the rollers I am looking at this mill and the Malt Muncher myself I am getting sick of the inconsistent crush I get from buying all over the place. I also BIAB so I want a good fine crush. Glad to see you wasted no time putting it to work hopefully you get many years of good service from it
There were rumors that the cereal killer started out with bushings like the barley crusher and mm but when I bought mine over 4 years ago it came with real bearings so if they ever had bushings they switched very early on.

There were rumors that the cereal killer started out with bushings like the barley crusher and mm but when I bought mine over 4 years ago it came with real bearings so if they ever had bushings they switched very early on.
I only noticed because until they updated them they were advertised with bushings I have never had my hands on one

I only noticed because until they updated them they were advertised with bushings I have never had my hands on one
the same was done when they started selling them as kegco mills (the kegco 3 roller and 2 roller are from the same company as the cereal killer) I believe the kegco site still advertises the specs as the ones they stole from monster mill complete with mentioning bushings when cloning even though they improved on their design with real bearings from the beginning. This is also discussed in the kegco 3 roller thread here. I believe they did the same when they cloned the barley crusher or MM2 (or whomever designed this type of mill first) back when the CK was released.

The kegco 2 roller, kegking maltmunchier and cereal killer are all the exact same mill just different reseller with different branding, different accessories and $$ as is much of the home brewing equipment we discuss here. you can buy them on aliexpress as well for even less and with options such as stainless rollers (not that I would want them)

I have $60 in points with AIH I am going to wait for the Cereal Killer to go on sale when they offer their 13% discount they do from time to time and bag one for under $30 since it comes with free shipping I love the points program and doing this will get me half way to another $10 discount with them :rock: thanks for that info @augiedoggy

I have both the CK kegco 3 rolller and a mm3 all good mills. some are for my home brewery and 2 are for a small brewpub. I did not buy the mm3 not sure how the bushings will hold up. time will tell if the kegcos rollers are harder than the mm or vice versa as well.

Latest posts

Back