Which is a better deal? Corona mill or Cereal Killer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just don't see how you can do much better than a Cereal Killer. I'm not easily impressed and can usually find faults with most of my purchases but the Cereal Killer isn't one of them. I've had it for three years, and set at .035", it delivers a perfect crush every time when using variable speed drill to drive it.

It does look horrible, but it's worked well for a long time. What led me to post this was a couple of questions about rollers wearing out. Corona mill isn't the best thing since sliced bread, but it's not going to wear out.
Actually, it will. It was never meant to be motorized and the bearing will eventually round out. well pretty sure there is no bearing so the metal will fatigue. The plates on that will also wear, it's a friction component. You will also get a better extraction for a roller mill. But as long as you like it, carry on :)
sj

Seems homebrewing.org (aka NorthernBrewer) sold the last of their Cereal Killer mills, and have replaced it with Northern-Brewer branded Hullwrecker mills, added a hand-grip to the handle, and raised the price by $40. Other than the lettering and hand-grip thing, it sure looks identical.
That seems likely. I bought my CK in May 2021 for $104.99 And like it — use a drill. I don’t brew a couple of times+ a month like some guys but at that price, I didn’t see the point in a Corona. That HullWrecker at NB/AIH certianly appears to be a CK at $139.99. If buying today, I’d wait for a coupon.

Back