Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some things one might find at a local brewery.
6D6E6B98-B892-4AB2-8B9A-DC1C357949BF.jpeg

i have no idea who this guy is....

1668047821565.png

but living in arizona, and seeing the snow in montana..i thought it was funny he will lick oreos for you and apparently sell them in a signed box :p

@grampamark I see you have the snow harvesting heads on them machines! Haha
Normally we would have put the equipment in storage a month ago. But, we‘ve had a lot of really strong (as in hurricane force) wind this year and both doors on our machine shed are damaged. The material needed to repair them is somewhere in transit.

Normally we would have put the equipment in storage a month ago. But, we‘ve had a lot of really strong (as in hurricane force) wind this year and both doors on our machine shed are damaged. The material needed to repair them is somewhere in transit.
Tell them to put wings on it, it'll probably get to you faster. I dont miss the hi-line winds, or the ones in SoDak either.

Rounded up what should be my entire collection of dead or obsolete disk drives to be functionally destroyed. 26 3.5s and 3 2.5s, some go back to the early 80s. I stripped the controllers and snapped them in half, and drove a punch through the cases and platters. Fun!

20221111_123318.jpg

I also have a DEC BA123 SCSI2 enclosure with redundant power and cooling built in that might actually be saleable. Last time I checked (maybe 10 years ago) they were still in demand. Wouldn't surprise me if a warship might need one. Freakin' thing is a heavy beast.

20221111_123344.jpg
20221111_123357.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited:
Rounded up what should be my entire collection of dead or obsolete disk drives to be functionally destroyed. 26 3.5s and 3 2.5s, some go back to the early 80s. I stripped the controllers and snapped them in half, and drove a punch through the cases and platters. Fun!

View attachment 786033

I also have a DEC BA123 SCSI2 enclosure with redundant power and cooling built in that might actually be saleable. Last time I checked (maybe 10 years ago) they were still in demand. Wouldn't surprise me if a warship might need one. Freakin' thing is a heavy beast.

View attachment 786034 View attachment 786035

Cheers!

I thought I had a lot and barely have 1/2 that many. Sadly, it was because "I might go back to that data" and about 30% failed to read again after years of sitting, and I count myself lucky it was that few. It simply proves I really did not need to save whatever dreck it was.

I did a lot of design work over the decades from home and from the early 90s onward had all my designs, libraries and simulation models on mirror sets - which had a doubling effect, both wrt to capacity upgrades and failures...

Cheers!

I had a 1961 B-61 looked a lot like that, but had split windshield and two rear axles. Triple frame, duplex tranny, at least it was not a tri or quad. Former pit/local truck I think, wound out to governor redline at 34 MPH in 10 gears.. Had a twelve yard sander when I bought it, drove it two years on contract for state highway dept, then passed the opportunity on to someone else.

Driving those old rigs was hard work, and not for the faint of heart. But they are beautiful.

We've been scanned. I'm not sure what instrument this was, but it flew a grid pattern over the area adjacent to our house(and our house as well on the first pass)where Freeport is about to open a new copper pit mine.

Attachments

• IMGP9421.JPG
    IMGP9421.JPG
    346 KB · Views: 0
  • IMGP9439.JPG
    IMGP9439.JPG
    368.3 KB · Views: 0
Back