Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Click on the Instagram logo link on the bottom. Even more beautiful pictures
I've been to the brewery. It's pretty much the only way to get most, and often times any, of their beers. They used to be at Specs, World Market, Central Market, and Goody Goody, but something happened with distribution. It's too bad. Every style they make is truly uniquely to their style.

I've been to the brewery. It's pretty much the only way to get most, and often times any, of their beers. They used to be at Specs, World Market, Central Market, and Goody Goody, but something happened with distribution. It's too bad. Every style they make is truly uniquely to their style.
That's interesting because I can get them up here quite frequently. Not Spon but a lot of their funks.

Maybe it's like Maine Beer Co Lunch for me. It use to be an under the radar beer. Once they started expanding I'd see it in NYC, Charleston, Chicago. Everywhere except NE. They figured out their pipeline now. Hopefully JK will be the same.

If you're going to be traveling over the Holidays, there are few things more precious than your small child in their car seat, so make sure you've got everything hooked up correctly, will ya'?

x5sSFdk.jpg

Son of a %@+#$! Day one, punched a nipple when zip screwing a heater vent. Day two, slammed it in a door jam.

Other than replacing a heater and a sewer inspection on Monday and an add-a-valve Thursday, I’m taking next week off! Of course that’s what I tell myself....

4511F191-A215-4A91-9451-D9D188C0D5E7.jpeg
38AF807A-E683-4D68-A5C7-DCB1274CDFC6.jpeg

Lots of nerves in the fingertip. Ouch!

Doesn’t hurt much now, unless I bump it on something. I’m use to pain. It’s going to suck when the nail starts to fall off. I’ve learned over the years to use electrical tape to keep it from catching on things.

Thought about using a hot needle to puncture the nail, but probably too late now. I’ve never seen this swelling behind the nail before. But I did have a pretty intense rough in yesterday.

Son of a %@+#$! Day one, punched a nipple when zip screwing a heater vent. Day two, slammed it in a door jam.

Other than replacing a heater and a sewer inspection on Monday and an add-a-valve Thursday, I’m taking next week off! Of course that’s what I tell myself....

View attachment 657980 View attachment 657981

Been doing aircraft sheet metal for 50 years now. Hands/fingers have been sanded, drilled, scraped, cut, crushed, and burned. Hard to find some unscarred skin!

Doesn’t hurt much now, unless I bump it on something. I’m use to pain. It’s going to suck when the nail starts to fall off. I’ve learned over the years to use electrical tape to keep it from catching on things.

Thought about using a hot needle to puncture the nail, but probably too late now. I’ve never seen this swelling behind the nail before. But I did have a pretty intense rough in yesterday.

I once caught my thumb in a press machine (user error) and produced the same kind of thing--swelling and blood behind the nail.

I worked second shift, and the entire night I didn't sleep, that thumb just throbbed. Eventually by the afternoon the day following I went into the emergency room. The attending physician took a weird little device with an electrical element on the end, pressed the button, it heated up and melted right through the nail.

The resulting spurt of blood went all over his nice white lab coat. More to the point, the pressure was relieved, the pain level dropped precipitously, and that was that. A few weeks later the nail came loose and eventually fell off, and a new nail had been growing beneath is.

So--too late to relieve the pressure? I'm not a doctor, don't play one on TV either, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. I'm guessing it can't hurt, but it also may depend on how long since.

Happened on this last Wednesday and Thursday. Working in service plumbing and drain cleaning, if I don’t have some sort of wound, I’m not doing my job. This is a superficial injury. As I’ve aged my joints are what I worry about. My right knee was severely injured when I was waiting to start A school in Pensacola, but never saw the Corpsman because I would’ve been dropped from Lead and put on barrack support. I was downing 8-10 800mg ibuprofen a day!

I had major surgery in ‘01, almost got hooked on codeine and decided to dump the rest of the bottle when I felt it wasn’t working as effectively. Just dealt with the pain. To get out of bed I tied a rope to my heavy azz desk.

Today’s pics. Still too sensitive to wash the purple primer off.

09FBAA40-AB41-444E-9065-A0D8B21DFB5D.jpeg
7CAC5E31-EFF3-4329-8384-A43D3B52AA13.jpeg

One former club member gone commercial had his two year anniversary of opening his brewery today. Only had two of his white stouts, a flight, and brought a growler home.

A few more beers and I might be ready. Wife is more than willing to do the honors.

To be honest, it doesn’t bother me though, other than interfering with work.

Not bad. Feels the same though. Some blood. Typing with my middle finger still. I’m old.

H

Not much blood. No pain, no notice of any pain relief. Maybe on day one or two.

View attachment 658095

Good job! I would make another hole or two to the right closer to the fingernail bed. You can still see blood pooling under that area. Don't forget to squeeze!

EDIT: The key is to remove as much of the blood as possible to reduce the pressure that is causing the pain. Perhaps one more hole to the left in addition to the two more on the right. You are going to lose the nail anyway.

Good job! I would make another hole or two to the right closer to the fingernail bed. You can still see blood pooling under that area. Don't forget to squeeze!

Wife did squeeze. She’s snoring ATM. Two holes she made, side by side I think... wasn’t looking.

Wife is a picker! Loves zits, black heads, scabs... basically she’s a monkey picking. I can’t take her anywhere! I always have scabs!

Wife did squeeze. She’s snoring ATM. Two holes she made, side by side I think... wasn’t looking.

Wife is a picker! Loves zits, black heads, scabs... basically she’s a monkey picking. I can’t take her anywhere! I always have scabs!

Well then, wake her up a say "honey, I have a treat for you....you need to burn three more holes into my nail to get all the blood out". I'm sure she will understand especially since you have been, well, treated with possible, err, numbing drinks and you do not want that to wear off!

It beats yelling "stop snoring"!!!

EDIT: Or do it yourself. I do it myself and as you know, it is not bad....unless the sight of blood bothers you.

^^^What Dave said ^^^
Working man's hands! I have been in industrial maintenance since my NAVY days. I feel your pain. been there, did that. I have a thumb that looks like that right now.
I grew up on the farm, was a mechanic/metal fabricator for 6 years, and have been back on the farm for 43 years. I have scars on my scars.

My left middle finger won’t completely straighten, the result of breaking it about 20 years ago and not getting it looked at (unloading a big truck wheel/tire and stuck my hand out to stop it when it hit the ground. Doh.).

7E131F03-5157-40BA-9481-BCD09C4CFFFC.jpeg

View attachment 658165

A saison I've got in primary now, in a 6.5 gallon BMBubbler. Pretty amazing yeast cake, no?

IMG_20191222_092133657_HDR.jpg

Weird science day...or I'm just bored. Racked off the saison, collected over a gallon of yeast, then added a quart of my pre-canned 1.050 wort, and transferred the whole mess to a clean fermenter. If it doesn't blow up, I might start selling yeast!

EDIT: Yo, baby! It's been in the fermenter for about 10 minutes, and the airlock is already goin' to town!

My left middle finger won’t completely straighten, the result of breaking it about 20 years ago and not getting it looked at (unloading a big truck wheel/tire and stuck my hand out to stop it when it hit the ground. Doh.).

View attachment 658181

Yeah, my right elbow is like that, so when I reach for something, my right arm is about 2" shorter than my left. Doc says it's calcium "scars/growths" in my elbow. Shaved them off, but they grew right back. Too many years with big rivet guns.

Yeah, my right elbow is like that, so when I reach for something, my right arm is about 2" shorter than my left. Doc says it's calcium "scars/growths" in my elbow. Shaved them off, but they grew right back. Too many years with big rivet guns.

A few years before I ended my career job we started getting recoiless rivet guns in the tool room. It was 25 years too late but man were they nice.

View attachment 658182

Weird science day...or I'm just bored. Racked off the saison, collected over a gallon of yeast, then added a quart of my pre-canned 1.050 wort, and transferred the whole mess to a clean fermenter. If it doesn't blow up, I might start selling yeast!

EDIT: Yo, baby! It's been in the fermenter for about 10 minutes, and the airlock is already goin' to town!

Back