Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm ready for fall.
BesDeBm.jpg

& have to add, the PREP was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse than the procedure
True. Drinking all that liquid and the time on the crapper sucks.

I was knocked out and it was like a 3 second procedure even though it was an hour. You wake up bloated and gassy

I liked the 45 second farts that didn't stink. I had a legitimate excuse to let them rip on the way home.
[emoji16]

My first one, several years ago, they knocked me out with a drug combo that included Versed, which temporarily causes the inability to create new memories. My wife drove me home and once there I apparently had a 10 minute conversation with the neighbor. After I got in the house my wife asked me what Brian wanted....my reply, "I haven't seen Brian for a couple days," even though I had just spoken to him 30 seconds earlier.

Even funnier, my ex-workmate had his done, same doctor, same drug cocktail. On the way home his wife made a detour to WalMart. Told him to stay in the sporting goods section, she needed to pick up something in housewares and would be back in a couple minutes. She returns to him 3 minutes later to find him having a panic attack. He had no idea how he got to WalMart or why he was there. She said the look on his face was pure terror.

CSB:
When I turned 50, I went in for a colonoscopy. The doctor and the nurse assisting were both "all business" but nice and very professional. They even set up a second video monitor so I could watch the probe do its Fantastic Voyage thing. After the procedure was complete and I got a clean bill of health from the doc, he said, "that wasn't bad, was it?" I replied, "No, but now I know how the Muppets feel." Both the doc and nurse busted out laughing.

Good lord--I didn't realize they let patients watch that.

I've had one, have another scheduled in a couple weeks. No way do I wish to be awake or alert during it--though I understand the "sedative" they use is probably an amnesiac more or less.

And I can't believe I'm responding to this. In the interest of returning the thread to its original intent, I offer this:

ijunoon.com-85211637.png

Are you sure that you had colonoscopy? They should knock you out b4 the procedure. Sigmoidoscopy is the one where you are conscious, and the live image is shown to you.

For my colonoscopy, they had a TV monitor where I could watch, and I was going to. They also said I might or might not, go out from the anesthesia. Next thing I knew, I woke up in a chair. Don't remember anything after the warm feeling of the anesthesia going in the vein.

Also, when I was being wheeled in, I passed a woman being wheeled out. She said: "That was fun, I think I'll come back and do it again tomorrow."

Brew on :mug:

Went to McGuire's again in Destin. I ordered a 16oz hickory smoked prime rib, garlic mashed and Irish Stout and stared at this.

If my wife wasn't with me I'd grab those love handles and start sucking for mothers milk. LOL

If you ask me that ugly thing never gets old!!!
20180814_193657.jpeg

One is stout the other is porter.

Screenshot_2018-08-14-19-37-40.jpeg

Went to McGuire's again in Destin. I ordered a 16oz hickory smoked prime rib, garlic mashed and Irish Stout and stared at this.

If my wife wasn't with me I'd grab those love handles and start sucking for mothers milk. LOL

If you ask me that ugly thing never gets old!!!

Looks like Yoko Ono. :eek:

Back