Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe the wrong forum but, can I make a traditional English ale with this? I found it on a shelf I was cleaning out in my garage. It was in a box that I moved here with in 1987.
IMG_7956.jpg

Any idea what these minerals are? Might want to consider checking a geiger counter before you handle these too much. I know for instance that radio active uranium glass glows green in black light.
Mostly everyday minerals like calcite (bright red/orange), fluorite (bright blue), and chalcedony (green and orange). There is probably some uranium, but these specimens are in a closed case and are not handled at all

Maybe the wrong forum but, can I make a traditional English ale with this? I found it on a shelf I was cleaning out in my garage. It was in a box that I moved here with in 1987.View attachment 835338
Can you get photos of the rest of the label, I'd love to try and recover the text inside visible via the bleed-through.

wasn't there a video of some guy trying a years-old can of hopped extract, then added something weird to it? "as long as we're experimenting here... how about adding licorice?"

guy didn't know squat about brewing, it was his first attempt at brewing anything, and it turned out as expected.

he went on to actually learn how to brew & IIRC, became pretty good at it.

Well yeah. But that won’t kick in until a bit after the judges have done their scoring.
2024 Amendment to the BJCP General Rules: A 72 hour window for changing of the scoring by judges or their nominated next-of-kin has been introduced following the 2023 botulism and salmonella outbreaks.

View attachment 835477
My wife at the bottom of the first of 4 ladders on our way to the 120 foot level of a lead mine in western Arizona. We're being led by the mine manager, not just exploring abandoned mine shafts. This was dangerous enough, we never go into any abandoned mines.
But did it put the lotion in the basket?

Back