Question on Corks for 375ml Icewine bottkles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeadMax

Reaction score
I have a ton of premium grade corks for when i bottle 750 ml bottles.

Will these corks work for 375ml Icewine bottles and the smaller 375ml Wine bottles?

Please let me know I would like to bottle my Preach Icewine today.

thanks for the help

Bottle openings, 750ml and 375ml, come in different diameters--so not all corks will securely seal the same bottle.
Some 750s use 8's, while others use 9s. Why don't you cork a water filled bottle, or attempt to?

Bottle openings, 750ml and 375ml, come in different diameters--so not all corks will securely seal the same bottle.
Some 750s use 8's, while others use 9s. Why don't you cork a water filled bottle, or attempt to?

...and another note on that...not all runs of the same bottle will use the same cork, too. I recently bought two cases of bottles, same brand and supplier that I've been using for quite some time, only to find out that my usual 8s were too loose, and I need to use 9s.

Bottom line, measure and check with a test corking of water. I prefer to use a few drops of food coloring to help detect any seepage.

Latest posts

Back