Pumpkin ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerclone

Reaction score
Just ordered the pumpkin ale from Austin home brew. Anyone tried this yet! How did it turn out? I bought the extract kit with wyeast.

Not that anyone cares but have my pumpkin ale in the fermenter. While putting the airlock in the carboy the stopper fell into the wort. Crap! I has to put on the carboy cap with a blow off tube in star San. Hopefully this works and my beer isn't ruined by a stopper!

Not that anyone cares but have my pumpkin ale in the fermenter. While putting the airlock in the carboy the stopper fell into the wort. Crap! I has to put on the carboy cap with a blow off tube in star San. Hopefully this works and my beer isn't ruined by a stopper!

Had this happen to me once as well! My beer turned out fine, but boy was I nervous for a couple weeks! From then on, I've always tossed my stopper in some sanitizer before putting in, just to be safe!

After sleeping on this I have another thought, how in the heck an I going to get that stopper out if the carboy? I really don't see it's going to be terribly easy. Oh well I guess my carboy will have a stopper in it from here on.

After sleeping on this I have another thought, how in the heck an I going to get that stopper out if the carboy? I really don't see it's going to be terribly easy. Oh well I guess my carboy will have a stopper in it from here on.

Good point!! Can't help you there, mine was in a bucket!

That's is freakin awesome. I am definitely going to try that.

Back