propane manifold and burner question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LiGuy

Reaction score
okay so I am getting ready to build my brew stand but I am not sure how to go about building the propane manifold. I was planning on using 1/2 black piping and wanted to put in some ball valves to control the flame, but other then that I don't know what I need or how to go about it?

My other question is how I can go about mounting the burners to the brew stand. I am going to be using these banjo burners
http://www.homebrewing.org/High-Pressure-Cast-Iron-BANJO-Burner-_p_1746.html

Here is the plans Im going to use for my stand (not mine found them on here)

Brew Stand 3.0 Upload.jpg

You can go about mounting them several different ways, it all depends on if you want to be able to move them or keep them stationary. Here are some ways I've done it.

This design can be moved up and down.

image-1813807247.jpg

image-878211942.jpg

This one is attached to the wind shield.

image-1971530513.jpg

And I've seen some others on here that can be moved side to side as well as up and down.

The bracket for the "moveable" one, is a piece of "slip fit" tubing,( usually the next size up from what you're using for the main structure, or a piece with a thinner wall thickness),with a nut and bolt tack welded over a hole in said tubing.

Stealthcruiser is right that stand is 1 1/4" and the sleeve that goes up and down it is 1 1/2" 16 gage with set screws. The frame around the burner is 1" strap. And yes I made it.

Back