Poolside Brewpub

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't tell from the pic, but are the strips/channels between the OSB panels just the drywall underneath, or did you use some kind of moulding? Also, wasn't there printing on the surface? How did you deal with that?

The Pic is just a reference. I haven't started mine yet. It does appear to have metal strips in the joints but I'm not going with that. As far as how it will be installed with 7/16th OSB there is no need to put any other substrate underneath. I will be attaching it directly to the studs with adhesive and a trim nailer. Only rated OSB has stamps since this is the interior walls and I'm sealing them I'm going with untreated interior grade which has no stamps. I am fighting myself with the idea of randomized cut sizes and 45ing my control line. The German inside of me likes the idea of over complicated but Precise joints but the rest of me just wants to get this thing done and get back to brewing.

I'm excited about this find. I picked up my interior ceiling material today. Reclaimed tin roof off an old barn. I'm also going to use some to build a 8'x5' back splash for the wall that my rig will set on. I'm also on the path of changing my wall finish again.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1434673503.614230.jpg

So I got some stuff done. Not quite where I thought I would be but we knocked out a good chunk over the weekend. Possibly because my help showed up with some goodies.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1435230493.950844.jpg
Saturday I got the exhaust fan installed and wired up. I'm running a 350cfm out of an air handler attached to two 6" intakes. That along with the ridge vent sohould be plenty for what we are running. I and going to punch a bunch of random 1" holes along the peak of the tin roof that I'm using as the ceiling to help promote ventilation up to the ridge vent.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1435230800.218884.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1435230826.030021.jpg
I swung by my buddy's window company and scored a floor model stained glass casement. The window opens a full 90* out to the side which will help with some cross flow on nice days. I did pick up a second wood framed double hung window but I'm undecided on using it since I don't want to lose wall space for storage.
Once again I have changed my plan for the interior walls. I was bummed about giving up on my original paneling idea so what I have decided is to go ahead and close in the walls with the osb then take my time paneling over it to match the bar ceiling. This way I can get my benches and rig set and do the paneling over time so that I can have the original look I wanted but not necessarily finish it all before I get back to brewing. This will also speed things up since I will be able to attach the panel boards directly to the osb and not have to cut every single piece to land on a stud. I will throw a coat of paint on everything just to give it a semi finished look in the mean time.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1435231548.552104.jpg
Like I said I didn't quite get done what I wanted to but with a 5 month old and other stuff constantly popping up I never do. My new substantial completion date is July 11 but my wife just planed a trip to the beach for the 4th so we'll see. As with all my projects this has turned into an endless beast. I've already locked in my next impossible task by securing 1/4 garden on a family friends property to start my 500 plant hop project that I hope to evolve and expand into a hop farm within the next couple years.

I thought it looked like metal strips in between the panels? Belt sand the printing off, then finish sand, stain & seal? I like to use Minwax stains that are poly-based, then seal with clear poly.

I thought it looked like metal strips in between the panels? Belt sand the printing off, then finish sand, stain & seal? I like to use Minwax stains that are poly-based, then seal with clear poly.

That picture was just a reference I pulled off a google search. yes I agree it looks like there are metal strips between the panels. However I have decided its still a lot of work for something that I felt I was compromising on so I am back to reclaimed paneling for my interior walls. the Osb I am hanging now is just to get the walls closed up in the mean time and will not be the final finish.

I'm still going with it.... One of those back of the mind 'how am I going to finish the interior?' thoughts, and I saw your post and had an AHA! moment. (yeah, I figured it was somewhere else, the height relationship to that door obviously wasn't the brew shed lol)

You need a nice, industrial looking chandelier hanging in there.
I've got just the thing, but I don't know how to get the pic from F B, to here.
I'll post up a pic tomorrow, as I'm at work now, and my camera ain't!

what an amazing build! you're an inspiration. i would love to do a project like this... i have the space, and the supportive wife, but i lack those crazy GC skillz.

do let me know if you need anyone to perform QA on the build once everything is set up and the kegarator is full :D

i propose that we make this place a stop on a next year's Soper Tour...

I've already locked in my next impossible task by securing 1/4 garden on a family friends property to start my 500 plant hop project that I hope to evolve and expand into a hop farm within the next couple years.
PM me if you wanna chat about hop growing. i'm on my third or fourth year with 8 plants... just down the road from you.

Well I've been lurking around here for some time but haven't really been much of a poster. This weekend I started a project I'm fairly excited about. I acquired a 16x12 shed from a friend of mine and like all my other projects it has evolved into something way more expensive and complicated. (Must be the German part of me coming through) anyhow heres where I'm going with the build and I'll try to keep this updated as I go.
Rough sketch
View attachment 269271
Big pile of workView attachment 269272View attachment 269273

Am I the only one that thought the last pic was of a six foot tall beer coming out of the ground?

Just went through the whole build and great job! The whole thing looks great. I love the garage door setup to close in the bar area. Keep up the good work!

I swear I'm still working on this thing. Lots of small details mixed with weekend trips that have been coming up every other week have been killing my work flow.
This week I got the rest of the walls closed in, most of the final wiring completed and the lights installed in their final home.
Not a whole lot of pics because the place is still a mess and it's a tad embarrassing but here you go.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1436491793.900619.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1436491825.067461.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1436491865.568060.jpg

The interior lights look bright. Did you make them dimmable?

I think the picture makes them look a bit more intense. they really aren't that bright. I was actually concerned if they would be enough when the sun was still out but I went back out last night and the lighting was perfect. Bright enough to brew with but not overbearing.

What an amazing build and the journey looks incredible. Jealous of the skills involved. Cant wait to see the finished product

I think the picture makes them look a bit more intense. they really aren't that bright. I was actually concerned if they would be enough when the sun was still out but I went back out last night and the lighting was perfect. Bright enough to brew with but not overbearing.

Cool. I was thinking along the lines of having full brightness for brewing and what have you, but have it dimmable or a darker setting for serving from the bar while evening swimming with the SWMBO so the like. I am still very impressed with the project.

wile the heat has been less than fun to work in I got over half the floor laid over the weekend. yesterday I spent my afternoon in my air conditioned garage cleaning up and building shelves for my tools to move out of the shed and back into the garage. Today I'm Going to finish the floor and start moving in some equipment. The finishing touches are far from done but I've held out far too long. SUNDAY WE BREW!:ban:

Well she not 100% finished but she's functional. Flooring is done and tools are cleaned out. On one of my late nights of work I had a great idea to put a screw it the top corner of the side of my new fridge, just my luck I hit a freon line. Long story short I scored a True GDM-12 cooler and plan B will involve two 3" pipes transferring air via temp controlled fans from the new fridge to what now will be my fermentation chamber/broken fridge. I'm beat and my brain is mush. Here's pictures.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1437698982.873696.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1437698997.829649.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1437699009.652775.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1437699023.661710.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1437699036.949270.jpg

so, curiosity. The brewing in the shed. I know there is a lot of open air with that very cool garage door front, but, in colder weather, do you still plan to have that door open? You know where I'm going with this. Seeing the Jeep front up above the kettles, I just thought that might be a really cool way to hide an exhaust fan for winter brewing? It looks like there might be enough room to put a fan there, re-mount, and there ya have it. :D

so, curiosity. The brewing in the shed. I know there is a lot of open air with that very cool garage door front, but, in colder weather, do you still plan to have that door open? You know where I'm going with this. Seeing the Jeep front up above the kettles, I just thought that might be a really cool way to hide an exhaust fan for winter brewing? It looks like there might be enough room to put a fan there, re-mount, and there ya have it. :D

I believe he installed a vent. See this post

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showpost.php?p=6955196&postcount=85

Are you doing the entire wall in reclaimed/pallet wood?

I do not envy that project. I did one wall in my house and it was a total nightmare. ****ing SWMBO and her pinterest obsession.

My plan was to do one entire wall but that plan faded after I did the bar roof. I'm going to do patches over time and leave chunks uncovered.

Well that was a nice refresher at work, nice work, and love some of the finishing touches, ENJOY !!

Back