Opening a Regulator Gauge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmadway

Reaction score
The circular paper that lists the PSI level in my gauge has come somewhat dislodged. Anyone know how to open up the gauge so I can attempt to put it back in place? Can't seem to figure it out. See pic below.

Jesse

image-193338933.jpg

You should be able to remove the clear plastic cover. I've done it on mine as the metal psi indicator was bent from shipping. Is yours glued?

Looks like perhaps I can pry off the plastic cover. Just didn't want to f it up. If that's how you did it, I'll give it a shot.

Mine came off fairly easy. I didn't have to use any tools. I bent the metal back as normal as I could get it then put the clear plastic piece back on. Good luck, hope that it works out for you!

Some of mine come off with a very small twist, the plastic lens has 2 little nubs on it that twist lock into the metal housing. They only turn about 1/8 inch. Aslo have a couple that the plastic cover is threaded and screws on.

Back