North Rim Wheat Beer Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bchurch

Reaction score
This is my first batch of North Rim Wheat beer, I was wondering if anyone else has used this kit? My batch has a darker color then most wheat beers I've seen and has a strong hop aroma, Anyone else find this to be the case? Also my wife is a fan of the flavored wheat beers any recommendations?

That was my first beer as well; I got the kit from Homebrewer's Outpost. It definitely was darker almost like a brown but tasted fine and everyone seemed to like it.

If it is an extract batch, you can normally expect them to be a bit darker than non-extract beer. That's in the FAQ. :)

Ahh...the FAQS page. Almost forgot about those! Thanks for the answers and it's reassuring that everyone seemed to like it. I can't wait to try it!

I have read that you can save 1/2 of the extract from these kits for the last 10-15 miutes of the boil in order to keep the color of the ale from going to dark. Might be worth trying.

Back