New member from Reddit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shockshore3

Reaction score
Moderately experienced brewer here and longtime lurker of this website. I admit, I was much more active in the Reddit homebrewing sub, but I decided to switch over here given their shenanigans with the API changes. Trying to spread the word that what they are doing is unacceptable and bad for business and I plan to switch over here as my main sub now. Lots of good people and info here that I've read over the past ~5 years and looking forward to becoming more active.

Ultimately, reasons. intentionally killing off 3rd party apps by quickly switching from allowing free access to the data to charging them very high fees - among other shenanigans.

I too decided to dust off the ol' HBT account for similar reasons.

So welcome aboard!

How does that affect your user experience for collaborating with others? Is it a monetization thing?
For me it is less about the monetization, but that the UI of the official app and the new website suck worse than a Web 1.0 MySpace page with blink and marquee enabled.

The app I use, Joey, allows me to bookmark subreddits instead of subscribing to all 100-odd of them, but presents them in the same way. It's something I've gotten used to and it annoys me that I might lose that.

Back