New from Rhode Island

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naughty240

Reaction score
Im Steve from Rhode Island and I'm hear to learn and hopefully find some peeps to share some brews with.

I got a kegorator about a month ago and been drinking logs of Blue Hills Watermellon like a mad man!

Welcome from CT! I am from Cranston RI originally and go up there from time to time. (as a matter of fact tonight is one of those times) Where in RI are you from? Perhaps we can exchange some home brews at some point! I am just getting back into the hobby myself, after about a 3 year hiatus and I am starting off strong. I mean literally.. Just made a Dopple bock a belgian triple and a belgian dark strong!

Welcome from Providence, RI! Are you in the area? Check out the RIBS (Rhode Island Brewing Society) facebook page, they meet at Trinity BrewPub. I think I may be attending the next meeting. Name's Sean, nice to meet you!

I am from providence and just got into the hobby not too long ago. Let me know if you wanna brew some time I just got my gear for all grain and I'm itching to use it. I'm also coming back from Vermont on Monday with a case of heady! ;)
I guess I should also take this chance to say hello to everyone in Rhode Island and surrounding states. I would like to make it to some club/group get togethers but my work schedule makes that difficult...4-midnight mon-fri

Welcome from CT! I am from Cranston RI originally and go up there from time to time. (as a matter of fact tonight is one of those times) Where in RI are you from? Perhaps we can exchange some home brews at some point! I am just getting back into the hobby myself, after about a 3 year hiatus and I am starting off strong. I mean literally.. Just made a Dopple bock a belgian triple and a belgian dark strong!

Right next door in Warwick. Sure Im down for a trade but I don't have one brew under my belt yet. But Im down to drink yours! haha

Welcome from Providence, RI! Are you in the area? Check out the RIBS (Rhode Island Brewing Society) facebook page, they meet at Trinity BrewPub. I think I may be attending the next meeting. Name's Sean, nice to meet you!

Cool thanks. Im eager to meet some brew buddies. I have not been to Trinity in years.

I am from providence and just got into the hobby not too long ago. Let me know if you wanna brew some time I just got my gear for all grain and I'm itching to use it. I'm also coming back from Vermont on Monday with a case of heady! ;)
I guess I should also take this chance to say hello to everyone in Rhode Island and surrounding states. I would like to make it to some club/group get togethers but my work schedule makes that difficult...4-midnight mon-fri

Yea id def like to brew and learn as much as I can. I just bought a starter kit and Im getting my kegs this week!

Hi and welcome. I am in Tiverton. I have been brewing since July 2011. I have learned a ton from this site. Get some brews going. As soon as your first is fermenting get the second one going. You will be really surprised how soon the first one will disappear!

Take a trip to Basement Brewhaus in Providence and Blackstone Valley Brewing in Woonsocket. They will have anything you need to get going.

Hi and welcome. I am in Tiverton. I have been brewing since July 2011. I have learned a ton from this site. Get some brews going. As soon as your first is fermenting get the second one going. You will be really surprised how soon the first one will disappear!

Take a trip to Basement Brewhaus in Providence and Blackstone Valley Brewing in Woonsocket. They will have anything you need to get going.

HAha yea Im crushing logs from Blue Hills now. I cant image 5-10 gallons on tap. I actually went to Craft in south county last week. I got a kit and an octoberfest extract kit. Next sat im gonna start. I am already eying what I will do next.

HAha yea Im crushing logs from Blue Hills now. I cant image 5-10 gallons on tap. I actually went to Craft in south county last week. I got a kit and an octoberfest extract kit. Next sat im gonna start. I am already eying what I will do next.

Not long after I started I had approximately 400 bottles of 12 different brews in storage. (variety is great!) I have since depleted my reserve. I am working on a keg of red ale and another of Bavarian Helles lager. I have some bottles of winter ale and a pepper ale also. I have a Pumpkin Ale in fermentation and the next up for next week is an Oatmeal Stout soon to be followed with a Belgian Blonde.

jesus christ. Im trying to build up my portfolio too but Its mostly local microbrews. You do all grain or extract?

jesus christ. Im trying to build up my portfolio too but Its mostly local microbrews. You do all grain or extract?

Started July 1, 2011 with a Northern Brewer Irish Red Ale Kit, Started a Patersbier Kit (both extract) one week later. 4 extract then 4 partial mash. Then all grain since. I have done a few 3 gallon BIAB batches the rest were 5 gallon AG batch sparge brews.

Get going and brew too much. It is a lot easier to slow down than it is to speed up. Extra beers will keep for a long time. (unless you drink them)

I need to go to the Brewhaus tomorrow and grab some DME. Just got a pound of citra in the mail and I'm going to try to harvest some Conan yeast from some heady topper cans to brew an all citra IPA. Stoked!

Any of you guys want to head up Sunday morning I'm brewing a RIS and 'something else'. Just PM me... And bring your equipment. :). All are welcome!

Back