Need your help about leak

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matc

Reaction score
Okay so I've emptied 2 co2 bottles in the last 4 months and today, I finally decided to check for leaks. Well so far, I found two leaks on the regulator. I eliminated one but the other is still leaking no matter how hard I tighten it. It's leaking right where the red hose ball valve (co2 line) is connected to the brass regulator. Can I use teflon on that ?

Once I'm done, is it okay to dump the whole setup in a tub of water to check for leaks ? I'm afraid that water could get into the regulator and mess with it.

Use a spray bottle with StarSan solution in it and spray down all the connections, if there is a leak, it will bubble up.

Teflon tape can be used on any threaded connection, and probably isn't a bad idea.

But, from your wording, I'm having a hard time picturing where the leak actually is.

If this is the gas line to a keg gas disconnect, does it connect to the regulator using a threaded fitting?

That would be a flare-style fitting

images

that requires a nylon flare gasket.

swivelnutgasketsmall.jpg

If that is missing there's nothing you can do to keep the fitting from leaking, including taping it to death...

Cheers!

[edit] Otoh, if the leak is actually where the valve screws into the regulator body: yes, you can definitely tape that!

yep that's it ! It's a threaded valve that scews into the regulator body. I added some teflon and tightened the hell out of it. Now it seems to be ok !

Latest posts

Back