My wife says I need to brew more

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happywanderer

Reaction score
:rockin:

Yeah - because once a month just isn't enough. Especially when I brew big beers or beers that need to bottle condition for months.

Guess I'll go to a 3-week schedule and mix "fast" beers and "slow" beers.

That should keep plenty of drinkable beer at all times...

Good thing I have 200 bottles....

Is now a good time to look into kegging....

My wife thoroughly enjoys our beers. Brewing every 2 weeks, with the occasional specialty batch in between. Embrace your opportunity.

I moved to 2.5G batches so I could brew more and experiment, without my basement becoming a solid sea of beer bottles!

Yeah - because once a month just isn't enough. Especially when I brew big beers or beers that need to bottle condition for months.

She better learn how to clean the BK then!!! You cant do this alone!

My wife got me into brewing by getting me a homebrew kit 4 years ago.... I got ya beat :mug: :drunk: :p :D

Rev.

Same with me. She got me started. When I wanted to upgrade to all grain she went out and bought me a mash tun. I brew a lot of belgians and when I mentioned it would be cool to be able to cork and cage bottles. She blught me a floor corker.

Got to love a supportive wife.

Now brew more.

I'd like to meet your wife. She sounds like a smart lady. My wife threatened to sell all of my equipment only a few weeks after I started brewing. Of course she didn't and as long as I spend more time with her than I do in my garage I think we'll be ok.

www.tiffany.com

What a slave driver she is! All you can do now is follow orders.... ;)

You guys with supportive wives are lucky. Mine says, "why don't you do something normal?" Of course, she doesn't think my Jeep and guns are normal either...

Mine is super supportive but hates the time commitment. We have a toddler running around, so she ends up doing a lot of work on brew days too.

That's why I'm going to start experimenting with BIAB overnight mashing on my next brew. Should split it up a bit and reduce the total 'Daddy down' time in a single day.

Plus I won't be getting wasted on brew day because I'll start the boil right away in the morning. That should help.

My wife is bitchin this winter that I need to boil off more beer too-I been spending all my $$ on going outside in garage--5th season @ it-I usually start the 1st of Dec. do 5.5 Gal. batches once a week in the kitchen--just about ready to get back on track with it

Try doing some partigyles with your "big" beers. 1 big beer that takes months and the other small beer that you can enjoy in just a month.

Or just use this as an excuse to go nuts and buy yourself kegging equipment and a bigger brew rig.

Back