My First Lager!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLP

Interactive
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
After 25 batches of various ales I have taken the plunge to make my first lager! My club is doing a Whiskey Barrel Aged Baltic Porter, and I decided to take part. It will be an estimated 9%, so I also decided to try to parti-gyle this thing and bought some extra grain to bump up the ABV and flavor. The craziest part thus far has been the starter with 2 x vials of WLP 810 into a 3L starter followed by a 3.2L step up with a total of 800 grams of DME. I just mashed in, so here goes nothing!:ban:

I am thinking of making my first logger. I plan to us my wine cooler for temp control.

Roger

I am a HUGE lager fan. I like temp control for ales, so it's not really more equipment. Just more patience.

but worth it.

My OG came out to 1.091 on my first running, and then 1.071 on my parti-gyle. I am anxious to try these once they are fermented out.

Latest posts

Back