Mickey's puzzle game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LET THE GAME BEGIN.......again

image.jpg

Got this from another thread and idk how to quote it to here.

But it's from Chadwick.

I think he is being serious??

Thanks Chadwick!!

Begin quote

Fortunately, Malt Liquor is easy to make. Here is a recipe that should have you on the right path.

5 gallon recipe:

2lbs Corn - 2 boxes of grits cooked and allowed to cool and turn to a big gel clump the shape of the container you cooked it in.

4lbs Rice - Buy the 4lb bag of rice from Save-a-lot. Cook it all up at once just like you did the grits above.

6lbs of malted barley - Mash as normal, except you dump in the rice and grits from above during the mash.

Boil: Be sure to add at least 3lbs of sugar to boost the alcohol. Maybe more. As long as your OG is better than 1.080 you are golden.

Hops: Just a touch of something at the start of the boil. Just about anything will do. Just be sure you use at least 0.5oz and not more than 1.5 oz.

Yeast: Just about anything will do. Just toss some in there.

Ferment in a controlled environment between 60F-90F for 1 week. Bottle once the gravity hasn't changed for at least two days.

Bottle condition for 1-2 weeks and enjoy.

Impress your friends with your Malt Liquor.

Cheers :mug:

End quote

I think I may try this this weekend!!

Sent from myPhone

I guess it depends on what kind of malt liquor you want to make. Mickey's is only like 5.5%, and Old English is a little more than that, but the high gravity malt liquors are in the 8% range. I was thinking 6 row, a little corn, and some dextrose. That would be cheap and that's one of the biggest selling points of malt liquor, right? I can't wait to hear how yours turns out. What size batch are you planning?

Got people at work trying to figure out that second to last one. I have no idea what they are trying to get at with the first portion. What the hell are those circles???

Back