Krausen question?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Entrepreneur640

Reaction score
I currently have my first batch of beer in the primary. About 18 hours after pitching the yeast, I got a pretty good fermentation going. Airlock bubbling every 2-2.5 seconds, good Krausen forming, etc.. My question is, how long should it take for the Krausen to vanish? I just got home from work and noticed that the Krausen is completely gone. It was there this morning when I left. I am about 56 hours out from pitching the yeast. Is this normal? I'm not so concerned, it's more a question for my own knowledge. I always thought that the krausen stayed for quite some time. Thanks in advance for everyone's input!

Every yeast is different so some may drop quick ad some can seem like they last forever but, regardless, hydrometer readings are the only way to know where the beer is at

duboman said:
Every yeast is different so some may drop quick ad some can seem like they last forever but, regardless, hydrometer readings are the only way to know where the beer is at

Thanks a lot!

Latest posts

Back