Kicked Up Cream Ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BroomVikin

Reaction score
It's time to brew a good summer, dare I say "lawn mower", beer. I'd prefer something that I can ferment fairly quick at ale temperatures, think 2-3 weeks. I've done Cream of Three Crops in the past and for what it is I like it. However, this time around I'd maybe like something with a little more complexity to it and a little more body. Have any of you ever made a cream ale that you've sort of kicked up to another level?

Well, maybe. I've 'kicked up' a cream ale and called it an American Pale ale........
Seriously though, plug your starting cream ale #s into an online recipe creator and play around with it. Add more malt, compensate with more hops, and before you know it voila you have a PA.

My 10 gallon Cream Ale recipe uses 16 lbs of 2row - 4 lbs flaked corn and 2 lbs flaked rice. It typically comes out about 5.5 to 5.8% ABV. Pretty stout for a cream ale imo.

I made one of these a couple weeks ago and I had a brain fart while calculating volumes and it ended up at 6.4%. I call it an imperial cream ale.

I've been using Lemondrop hops btw and it turns out really well.

Latest posts

Back