KEGlove worth it? Cheapest price?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaffer1515

Reaction score
I'm looking at KEGloves and was wondering if they are worth it vs putting kegs in ice. I guess after a few uses theyd pay off right? How well do they work? Whats the cheapest price out there to pick them up? Thanks!

They work great with a couple of caveats... (apart from huge bragging rights that is... My koosie is bigger than yours lol )

1. The inner ice blanket is a PITA to install -> a 2 man install is really required
2. Don't use a party-tap get a SAMPLING FAUCET TAP w/ BALL LOCK Like one of these
3. Get extra ice blankets

I've had one for about 3 years, and I agree with all of the comments so far. I've learned to put the ice blanket into the keg glove when it's still liquid, then freezing it when it's already in the keg glove. Makes it a ton easier. I use a picnic tap with no issue. Putting together a picnic tap with the MFL connectors makes them much more reliable than just the hose barbs.

I use my keg glove pretty much every time I go camping and here and there when I need to keep a keg cool for and hour or two. At least in the FL summers, that hour or two is all you can expect. I've taken it camping in the FL winter, and the beer stayed cold for about 36-48 hours.

Overall, glad I own one! I don't use it much, but it comes in handy in certain situations.

Latest posts

Back