Keezer Co2 Regulation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LogicBomb

Reaction score
Just got a freezer that will hold 4 kegs and now I'm looking to buy plumbing but I'm confused on primary/secondary options.

I'd like to be able to serve all 4 kegs at different pressures if I want (go big or go home, right?). So I assumed I needed a primary and 4 secondaries.

I was just told from a Canadian distributor (I'm in Canada) that secondaries are inferior and he suggests just removing the shank and HP gauge from primary regulators and combining them with the right connector.

So basically instead of a primary and 4 secondaries it sounds like the suggestion is 4 primaries. If this works why would anyone go with primary/secondary instead of just 4 primaries?

You can go right from the CO2 tank to any number of regulators you need for different serving pressures. You don't need a high side regulator and a low side regulator. Your regulator will be able to handle tank pressure on the high side and the 10-12 psi dispensing pressure. Four different pressures is probably more of a PITA than its worth. Most beer styles are all in the same carbonation range and therefore the same pressure. I have served pale ales, stouts, porters, and a few lagers for the last 5 years on tap. I keep my regulator at 10-12 for all beers and the carbonation is great for all. Wheat beers are even ok at that pressure - a bit under carb'd for the style but its ok with me. I have one regulator and a distribution manifold to split to the several kegs. If you do go with different pressures in different kegs remember that your beer line length needs to be adjusted to match the pressure.

You can go right from the CO2 tank to any number of regulators you need for different serving pressures. You don't need a high side regulator and a low side regulator.

So why would anyone go with a primary+secondary regulator setup versus multiple primaries like it was suggested I go with?

I don't mind the PITA, or the cost (my wife will gladly attest to that from past projects!)

I dunno why you would go with multiple primaries, seems like a waste of space... but probably would have cost you more money. I just use one primary tank and secondary regulators and that works really well for me. The above link would be what you need...

Latest posts

Back