I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now, don't be alarmed, it's just a permanent tattoo. I told him small and delicate but he made it almost wrap around my whole arm. No pain whatsoever. All that stuff people said was just to scare me, but I wasn't scared. Felt good actually, like an acupuncture massage. I got to my appointment with friends at 2 in the afternoon and didn't leave until after midnight. Friends all left but hubby and my best friend showed up for the last hour. 4 hours in the chair for this. Color and shading is supposed to hurt, haha!! And bleed, scab over, all that, nope. I felt nothing but good and can't feel anything from it now. I have to look to make sure it's still there. Oh, and happy Easter!

mama2.jpg

It was supposed to be small and subtle and delicate, but something happened. Now, who is your mama? I am mama. It says so on my arm.

So yesterday I smuggled a couple homebrews in my bag to take with me, not sure why. Ended up giving one to the bartender where I went for lunch while waiting. He refrigerated it and when I went back hours later, said he drank it and why don't I try to sell this stuff. Loved it. Said he'd pay me $12.00 for a 6 pack if I can bring some more back. I guess he let some others try it too and said he could sell it all day. I told him that's illegal, but he said so is buying pot, but that doesn't stop him. Hmmm... I won't do it but I definitely took it as a compliment. I know my beer is way better than anything they had on tap. On my first visit, he gave me a line-up of samples to try. All tasted sour to me. Does kegging cause oxygenation? I ended up choosing a style way outside my comfort zone, because then I had nothing to compare it to. $9 for one beer!!!! It was okay. I guess I am becoming a beer snob.

LOL and a mama with attitude :cross:

No way I could have sat that long. The boredom would have killed me I think

The guy was talking to me the whole time, so was not boring. An interesting guy. Then my crackhead friend called, feeling suicidal again, I tried to tell him all would be okay, if he really does want to die, then set a date for it, just don't do it today. Half way though the session, the tat guy asked if I was ready for a smoke break. But, I had not brought smokes with me, so we shared a cigar he had. It was tasty. If I had known it would be 4 hours in the chair, I may have re-thought my decision. But, time really does fly when you are having fun getting an acupuncture massage.

I am glad you enjoyed your tattooing. That is a big compliment on the beer too.

I setup two 4x8 raised garden beds. That was a pain. Mark them out, turn the soil. Level the soil. Assemble the beds. Add the straw layer. Smooth. Then the first layer of top soil. Smooth. Then the manure. Smooth. Then the perlite. Then the sand. Smooth. The the rest of the top soil. Smooth. Level the site for the old bathtub. Make sure the corners have decent sized stones that won't wash away. Straw, manure, very sandy top soil. Apply after sun lotion. Done.

I had to carry all the bags of stuff down the hill behind my house. Now I'm drinking some blueberry wine, while whining.

I feel ya LG. I did not plant the garden last year and yesterday tilled it. I am feeling like I was rode hard and put away wet today. Still got a month till I can plant anything though.

I feel ya LG. I did not plant the garden last year and yesterday tilled it. I am feeling like I was rode hard and put away wet today. Still got a month till I can plant anything though.
That should be me tomorrow. I'm actually not feeling to bad, except tired, right now. Honestly, I don't really care all that much about the garden. My mother has apparently wanted raised garden beds like these for around 5 decades though. Well, now she's got them. I hope they meet her expectations.

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

Some guys on TV are from my little town, they say they saw bigfoot. I had no idea we had bigfeet around here!!! Seems like I should have seen one by now. Maybe I did and just thought it was bear trying to get into my beer!

Some guys on TV are from my little town, they say they saw bigfoot. I had no idea we had bigfeet around here!!! Seems like I should have seen one by now. Maybe I did and just thought it was bear trying to get into my beer!
Are you sure those guys didn't get into your beer?:tank:

So is Dan supposed to come back tomorrow?

I hope so, he has a lot of catching up to do. Probably thinks we started the commune without him, but we are just waiting for his return to be our leader. If he does get back tomorrow, I guess I will have to get back to making the butter. No idea why I got that assignment.

BobbiLynn said:
I hope so, he has a lot of catching up to do. Probably thinks we started the commune without him, but we are just waiting for his return to be our leader. If he does get back tomorrow, I guess I will have to get back to making the butter. No idea why I got that assignment.

Because we're going to need a lot of butter, and it's clear that you need to be kept busy ;)

Because we're going to need a lot of butter, and it's clear that you need to be kept busy ;)

One summer when I was 13 I got bored and hitch hiked to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Walking down the streets, seeing the sights, asking for food outside restaurants that had outdoor seating, "can you get a take-out box for that? I'm really hungry". Skinny girl gets the food. :ban:

Looking for unlocked cars for a place to sleep. Spent 2 weeks there and enjoyed every minute of it. My dad was pissed when he finally found me. :mad:

I started working for a paycheck at a young age, I guess 13, around the same time I ran away to the beach, I think I made 2.85 USD an hour. But I remember shortly after that it went up to 3.45 per hour. At 15, I had already quit school, got a job bartending in NY. Yeah, left one day to head to New York. I knew where a movie was being shot, and I wanted to meet some people, design costumes for them. They scoffed at my age. At the restaurant/bar where I worked, they said in very broken english, "You must be 21 to work here, how old are you?!?" I replied, "I'm 21." That's probably where the lying about my age started.

Maybe we should go looking for Dan, send out a search party.

Today a snake got into the chicken brooder, moved them outside to the porch in a big metal brooder, looked secure enough. He ate 3 chickens and killed a 4th one. I was in my craft room and heard hubby hollering from the porch. Was a white oak snake, not poisonous, asked hubby what will happen if he bites me and he said it could get infected, okay, grabbed it out, grabbed right behind his head, and told hubby quick open up a garbage bag, tossed him in. No snake bite. We took the snake to a place far, far, away, and secured the brooder. Blocking every possible entry way. So now 22 chickens left out of 26, lost 3 little white ones(leghorns) and one big red one(Rhode Island Red). I hope they were all roosters not hens since we are raising them for eggs. :(

Grabbed the damn snake with my bare hands(though easy because he was trapped in the brooder, too fat to escape). Maybe I should try the same tactic with the possum. Go ahead and piss me off one more time, oh opossum. The possum has been laying low lately though. Hasn't pissed my dog off recently.

Grabbed the damn snake with my bare hands(though easy because he was trapped in the brooder, too fat to escape). Maybe I should try the same tactic with the possum. Go ahead and piss me off one more time, oh opossum. The possum has been laying low lately though. Hasn't pissed my dog off recently.

I thought "dayum how big are the snakes in Florida?!"... and then I realized they were still chicks.

Sorry for the loss still.

Hmm, where should we start looking for Dan I wonder? Maybe in a dairy, he was working on making more cheese.

Remember he wanted the commune to be on the side of a mountain? We could also search mountainsides. I can ski pretty well, and I climbed a rock wall once. Anyone else able to help with the search?

The snake was about 4 feet long. Poor babies. :mad:

Maybe we should go looking for Dan, send out a search party.

Today a snake got into the chicken brooder, moved them outside to the porch in a big metal brooder, looked secure enough. He ate 3 chickens and killed a 4th one. I was in my craft room and heard hubby hollering from the porch. Was a white oak snake, not poisonous, asked hubby what will happen if he bites me and he said it could get infected, okay, grabbed it out, grabbed right behind his head, and told hubby quick open up a garbage bag, tossed him in. No snake bite. We took the snake to a place far, far, away, and secured the brooder. Blocking every possible entry way. So now 22 chickens left out of 26, lost 3 little white ones(leghorns) and one big red one(Rhode Island Red). I hope they were all roosters not hens since we are raising them for eggs. :(

That stinks - I lost plenty of them when I raised them for 4-H but it still sucked when it happened.

Hmm, where should we start looking for Dan I wonder? Maybe in a dairy, he was working on making more cheese.

I hope he returns sooner rather than later, but I have a feeling he will wade back in slowly rather than jump in.

Something in theme for the day...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man and so it starts. I got hit with about 10 chains and 3 chain saws to sharpen and get ready for the season.

This is going to hamper my drinking and brewing I fear and I got nothing in fermenter's going now at all.

Oh man and so it starts. I got hit with about 10 chains and 3 chain saws to sharpen and get ready for the season.

This is going to hamper my drinking and brewing I fear and I got nothing in fermenter's going now at all.
This makes me sad. I'm in the same boat for a day or so. I gotta let the rice cool for the red rice wine.:rockin:

You know, I like those giant marshmallows. Not because I like marshmallows, but because they make me feel small. Like I'm six years old again. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I decided to take things in my own hands and got a brew going. I think the next 3 weeks are going to be pure busy for me :(

It is mashed in and about a hour to the boil :rockin:

Speaking of giant marshmallows my buddies wife told me today we are going camping this year. Last year I did not camp at all because of life getting in the way and my buddy and her are camping buddies and no is not a answer she will tolerate this year.

Sigh so I got a ton of work to do getting ready to roast some marshmallows

Speaking of giant marshmallows my buddies wife told me today we are going camping this year. Last year I did not camp at all because of life getting in the way and my buddy and her are camping buddies and no is not a answer she will tolerate this year.

Sigh so I got a ton of work to do getting ready to roast some marshmallows
Does it count if you do it with a blowtorch? :ban:

Heck yea it counts. I sell fire wood as kind of a reminder that I am not so young anymore so I have tons of wood that I can take up camping. Last night camping we get a FIRE going man and if you want to roast anything it better be on a 20 foot pole.

I do love to camp even though it takes a lot of beer to camp the way I do :ban:

You know, a big pressure canner makes a great pot to bottle pasteurize in. It also makes a good water bath canner.

Back