How did you find us?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got turned on to HBT through my oldest son. He has brewed for about 3 yrs and once I tried some of his brews I got the bug. Now I am 4 extract batches in and working on a mash tun with 10gal batches. I read the forums regularly and now you guys can't get rid of me. Thanks a bunch from the dirty south for all the info.

I just started getting back into brewing after a long time. I woke up at 3am to check on the Belgian Blond I had brewed earlier the previous day. I found the airlock clogged with krausen and my primary fermenter looked like the lid was going to blow off at any second! I googled this condition and found myself here. Changed over to a fermentation hose and a jar and went back to bed. Been hooked on the forums for the past two days :)

:mug::mug:I found this site trying to locate some 2013 Bells Hopslam Ale. Still haven't found any on Draft or in Bottles. I even emailed Bells and asked them to send another case to a Party Store near me that already sold out of 10 cases. The rep at Bells was rather rude, and just told me to do the stuff that I had already done to find some. No Luck !
Didn't realize a "spring" Ale would already be sold out in the Home State of the Brewery by the end of January !! They're still shipping Hopslam to out of State locations, but I can't get any when I live 3 hours away from the Brewery. Every Bar and Retailer listed on Bells Beer Finder, that I have called is sold out. Anybody have any place near Detroit where I can try some of this Beverage for the very 1st time ?? I would appreciate it very much.:mug:

Hello All!

I learned about this forum from CGVT whom I have known for quite some time from another forum.

I look forward to reading the discussions and learning more about homebrewing.

I just got back into homebrewing after a long hiatus. My Son In Law has taken up the pass time and I went to visit them in October. On a day that we had nothing else planned I asked him if he wanted to brew a batch of beer so I could get up to snuff with some of the equipment and sanitizing things that were not available last time I brewed.

FTR I found two cases of my last batch before I took a break and it was marked as bottled in March of 1996. Surprisingly, it is still pretty good but, I only use it to sautee brats and onions and in other recipes that call for beer.

I just got a kegging system (man, that beats the hell out of bottling) and am enjoying a Kolsch I brewed recently.

I have a Pilsner still fermenting that I brewed for the Mrs. and will be brewing another batch (yet to be determined) probably next week.

Good to see a forum devoted to a great hobby like this and look forward to learning lots!

I found you via my IPhone app.

I started my very first ever batch last Tuesday, 3/5/13. I am committed to the art. My first stab is a Shoultz-Meyer Brewery HOP Combo IPA. The recipe calls for a 7-10 day fermint. Is it OK to go beyond 10 days. Reason for the question is I broke my hydrometer on Friday and the new one that I ordered online is not due to arrive until after the 10 day time Fermint time. I can always go out and buy one retail if needed.

Shawn

I been using for a year or so now to help answer brewing questions of all sorts. I finally signed up through the iphone app. I think I'll be on here posting and actively asking questions a lot more now.

After reading the book "The New Complete Joy of Home Brewing" by Charlie Papazian, I decided to surf apps on my smartphone about home brewing, and I found one (it ended up being the HBT online forums that led me to the smartphone app)! After I finished the book I brewed a Dark Irish Stout out of a syrup can. It turned out great, but I still felt incomplete, because I didn't make my own wort, boil my own grains, or get to smell any hops :(. So I brewed another Dark Irish Stout, dubbed "Stinky Hermit Ale" from a recipe provided at a local brewery supply store. I've found much advice and good people on this site,
Thanks,

Mqqse
https://cdn.homebrewtalk.com/images/smilies/drunk4zc.gif

I found you via the google search. I'm jumping back in after many years of sitting on the sidelines. SWMBO had asked to get into wine and far be it from me to argue.

Somebody on a Youtube home brew video gave you a shout-out, so I visited. Liked the community, so I signed up! I have only been brewing for a few months. Only used kits so far. Building up my home-brew inventory to start all-grain by early summer, if things go smoothly.

I found HBT through google and a friend mentioned the site too. There's a ton of info here and it's an awesome site!

Welcome! :mug:

Please let us know how you found HomeBrewTalk.com ....

Was refered to by a friend, was on a while back and did a few true brew kits with good resulst, thinking I would like to try something a bit more complicated. Not sure of the equipment needed, or will this simple kit I have work?

Found HBT threw the interwebs and excited to get going.

If you all have any tips, send 'em.

Cheers :mug:

Kevin W.

Google! Ask any home-brewing question on the internet and the answer is most likely on this site. Love this place. hope to be and active member!

Google almost anything Homebrew related and you will eventually find a link to this forum.

1 year of extract brewing experience looking to get into All Grain to "save" some money!

Found this site a few times when looking for brewing kettle advice, DIY mash tun, and All Grain recipes. Especially the Left Handed Milk Stout post from 5 years ago that is still alive! Sounds like a great beer!

I found this site due to Googling all of my fears regarding my first homebrew. Seems there a quite a few experienced brewers here, so I kept coming back.

Buddy that homebrews turned me onto the site and now it's my "goto site for info"! Folks are great and info very helpful!

Google. I wanted to start HB'ing again and figured the interwebs would have a community to help me out this time.

So far, so good, oh yeah! I haven't brewed a bad batch yet with the aid of this forum. Each batch is getting better and better. Heck, my last batch is turning a few heads localy. I can forsee needing to beat off the droves of folks wanting my beer already. lol

Stumbled across the site looking for ideas how to clean my ginger beer plant as I let it ferment with all the solids still in the wart.

After getting kick off of MR Beer for not using their products and complaining that they would not replace the defective spigots and keg that I gave my nephews for Christmas. Rember a lot of people from there are here

Hello everyone. I have not examined the entire "introduce yourself" thread, but form what I have seen coming up with an original line is tough. I am new to modern homebrewing. I used to brew for quantity in the 90's, but now it seems like there is so much more available. I have made an oktoberfest and an Irish stout. The next one will be a red ale. I noticed the stout did not carbonate as well, and after researching some, it may be due to the jet dry in dishwasher. back to hand washing. Anyway, I am like the fat boy at prom, just happy to be here.
Dave

Latest posts

Back