How did you find us?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Googling to find a Zombie Dust clone recipe. I keep hearing how great this beer is, but I can't get it in Oregon, so I'll just make it instead!

I had an acount a few years back but moved and lost my comcast email, so I had to make a new acount. Googel was how I first got to thhis site.

Unlike a lot of users who stumbled upon your site using Google, I found out about it by searching for home brewing apps at Apple's App Store.

Was googling what to do when the wort bubbles and foams into your airlock - I had NEVER had that happen and I've made about 20 batches over the years.

Everytime I typed in a homebrew question into Google, this was one of the first sites to pop up in my search results. Seemed just wrong not to sign up!

Google search led me here about a year ago...I've been stalking the forums in that time and finally took the plunge in Jan this year...3 extract batches and hooked!!

Been recently thinking about getting back into it after more than a dozen years away. Still have all my stuff from Fall of '99, when I did my last batch. I'm sure I've forgotten what to do and when, since then.

Found this site by just searching around, looking at prices for canned and dried extracts. Seemed like a good place to ask newbie-level questions. I consider myself to once again be a greenhorn newb after so long away from the hobby, so here I am.

First newbie question: To prevent boil-over, is it acceptable to keep the lid off the stockpot for the entire time the wort is in the pot? I'd put the top on as soon as the boil is done, then commence to swirl and cool in a cold-water bath. Might even go insane and get one of those coiled, chiller thingies. Any potential problems in the no-top boiling approach other than airborne bacteria in the outside air? My plan is to get a propane burner and get to boiling temperature right quick. Boiling three gallons of wort on the stovetop didn't cut it in '99-- and it ain't gonna cut it now...

emeelio said:
Unlike a lot of users who stumbled upon your site using Google, I found out about it by searching for home brewing apps at Apple's App Store.

exactly how I found this forum

Reacquainting myself with HBT after a lengthy absence. Just finished putting a St. Paul Porter in the primary last night and am super excited as it is my first batch in over a year and a half! Just trying to get back on the bike...

image.jpg

Short story is Google

Long story: was in college and started liking beers that weren't this fizzy yellow stuff. Then Brewmasters came on TV and learned that you could make your own beer. Then the thirst for knowledge led me to the interwebs, which means google, and google lead me here.

I have only been home brewing for a little over a year. I have found your forum in the results for just about every search on a brewing related topic I have ever done (and as a newbie that's a lot of searches.) Just got around to joining this year.

I'm teaching myself to make killer Mead, and while pondering through a bunch of trash I found this gem! So here I am. I like Mead. I drink Mead. I brew Mead. I'm not the best ,but I like(drink) what I make. I live in Oregon. We got lots of bees, water, and fruit so I make Mead! Hurray for Mead! Hurrayyyyyyyyyyyy:rockin:

My brother in law makes delicious home brew so I was searching how to make it and found this site.

I now have my first batch conditioning in bottles.

google search...answered so many of my new brewer questions i registered and signed up for a year as a supporter...thanks to a great community for a lot of info :)

My wife was doing some searching around on the web and kept finding herself on this site, so she signed me up then told me about the site. Im Glad she did because this place is great.

Latest posts

Back