Hop combo: Azacca and Pekko?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leapsandbounds

Reaction score
I know they are from the same company and that names are just names but has anyone used them together? I was think of making a pale ale using both and naming it Hop Gods or something. The question is would they work together?

I never used them together. I've used them seperately, but not enough to make an impression on how they will go along. Azacca is fruity, piney, good for IPAs and NEIPAs I guess. Pekko is herbal and with some floral/citrusy notes: http://www.adha.us/varietals/pekko-adha-871

I don't think they will make bad beer. I think they will make for an interesting hop profile, which might not comply with your taste. But it's worth a shot. I can imagine a piney, herbal, floral with slight citrus notes being enjoyable, moreso in a Pale Ale og even a Belgian Pale Ale.

I've only used Pekko in a bittering capacity and it works well at that task. (The pellets I have are 16.8% AA!)

Azacca seems to be a pretty divisive hop, but if you already know you like it, I don't see why you wouldn't use it.

Back