holding autosyphon?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shataway

Reaction score
I know this seems kind of basic but are there any tricks to holding or somehow supporting an autosyphon during transfer? I seem to either disturb the whirlpool in the boil kettle or knock stuff of the side of the fermenter.

Thanks,
Steven

+1 on the clothspin with a rubberband - before I started using it I had numerous instances of my auto siphon flying out of my beer and onto the floor at the beginning of the siphon.

I use one of these;

hand.jpg

For the kettle I use a wood clamp from lowes. For fermenter transfer, i use a sanitized paint strainer, it filters and it will bunch up in the mouth of a carboy/betterbottle, holding it in place.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Some good ideas here.

I have been using one of those clamps that also has a place to hold tubing. I just put a rubber band around my autosyphon and hang it on the clamp. The rubber band holds to tight so adjusting it vertically is touchy. Plus it does not like to stay vertical. With a little more experience, maybe I will figure out how to set it at the right depth to begin with.

Latest posts

Back