Hey from Connecticut!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

threephase

Reaction score
Been lurking for some time, started brewing in January and have done 3 extract and 4 BIAB all grain batches since then. Totally hooked on this hobby. Figured it was time to say hello!

Welcome from Terryville; took me years to get from partial mash to all grain, I actually still do some PM recipes, but the AG stuff just tastes better.

It's a good hobby to have, and is my second longest standing hobby after cars.

Sup neighbor. Welcome. Seven batches in seven months, that's more than I've managed since January. Way to jump into this with guns-a-blazing :D
What have you brewed and how'd they turn out?

Did a clone of two hearted which was my first, came out pretty good.
A hazelnut brown ale extract (clone of something I forgot then added some hazelnut extract) which also came out pretty good.
An extract clone kit of heady topper, which while it was a nice hoppy DIPA it was nothing like heady topper. Had issues with the yeast crapping out before bottling.
My first all grain was a pumped up grain bill of sierra nevada with a heavy citra dry hop, came out quite delicious.
My second all grain was a basic saison, was pretty lazy with this and the first low floculating yeast strain I used. Kegged it was good, bottled it had waaaay too much sediment in it and probably bottled a bit too early.
My third all grain was an english mild that I did for a fathers day party, was good but will never use Windsor yeast again. Crapped out waaay to quick (1.02 from a 1.04 starting) and had to pitch some us05 to bring it down a couple more points.
My fourth all grain was a mashup of a saison/IPA using all citra hops. Drinking that right now and came out quite good. Hoping the bottles are better than the last saison.
And my fifth all grain (guess ive done more brews than I thought) is a clone of Heady Topper that I have fermenting away in the primary right now.

Needless to say I'm hooked.

Welcome to HBT. Now send me some Gandhi-Bot :D jk. You have some great beers there in CT !

Welcome to HBT. Now send me some Gandhi-Bot :D jk. You have some great beers there in CT !

Whadaya got?????
No ghandibot in the stores right now (few days should be hitting the shelves, they were canning a few days ago) Got some Weisse trash culture though :)

Whadaya got?????
No ghandibot in the stores right now (few days should be hitting the shelves, they were canning a few days ago) Got some Weisse trash culture though :)

I don't wait for it to hit the shelves, I follow NEB on Twitter and make the run to Woodbridge when Ghandi-Bot is on tap. I try not to be greedy and only bring 3 growlers :)

I don't wait for it to hit the shelves, I follow NEB on Twitter and make the run to Woodbridge when Ghandi-Bot is on tap. I try not to be greedy and only bring 3 growlers :)

I don't either, I'm about 10 minutes from the brewery. Growlers don't ship well though :p

Latest posts

Back