has the yeast been affected by temp?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CloverBrew

Reaction score
during the first stages of high krausen in my amber ale the temp got a little higher then preferred. i'm using pacific ale yeast. wlp041, desired temp is 65-68°F. im using a ferm chamber with a heater in my very cool basement. howeve,r like mentioned, high krausen created temps in the wort of about 71.6F. maybe higher when i wasn't present. for at most one full day. I fan cooled the chamber after I noticed the issue. it has calmed down now and is a very stable 70F. the blow off tube smells strongly of banana. is there any possibility that this flavor will disapate or has the high temp already made my beer go "bananas"? is there any other issues that may have occured due to one day of overheated wort? thanks in advance :ban::ban: haha dancing bananas

At 70 the temp is still to high for a nice clean amber and while some may clean up my opinion is there will be some fruity ester development that won't go away

Latest posts

Back