Has anyone ordered direct from Concord before?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LieutenantDan

Reaction score
I have been browsing for a kettle, comparing prices on ebay and amazon, but stumbled on Concord's direct site http://www.concordkettles.com/
Prices are as good or better than ebay and shipping is free, they even have discount codes. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience ordering through them as I haven't seen anyone here mention doing it that way.

On a side note, I am planning my basement brewery with a batch size of 6.125 gallons which means I will need to boil a little more than 9 gallons, will a 12.5 gallon kettle give me enough room? I have no intentions of ever upping my batch size to 10 gallons.

I did just a few weeks ago. Shipping was fast (and free!). I got the 15 gallon tri-clad kettle. It is solidly constructed. I etched gallon markings on the inside (used glass blasting) and gave it a good cleaning with Bar Keeper's Friend. Highly recommended.

I have 3 80qt kettles that came from eBay, but it's just another front for the Concord store so it's no different, I'm pretty sure. I also ordered two of their new false bottoms direct from their website, got a 10% off deal and free shipping (I think, can't remember now). Super fast and great experience.

I bought mine from Ebay because it was the cheapest.A concord pot is a concord pot all things being equal..Solid pots will last forever.I actually called Concord and they said its cheapest on Ebay,so who knows? Also they said they said there are 2 versions with the lid.One,the lip goes inside the pot and could be an issue with warping and not fitting correct.The other style the lip is one the outside,the lid with the "ring" on it and Ive had no issues.

Yeah, I noticed the 2 lid styles, is warping really a concern with the flat style? I'd like to add a whirlpool port through the lid and the flat style seems better suited for that.

Back