Greetings from Taiwan.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sriracha

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm an American that's been living in Taipei since December 2019 and I'll be moving back to the states early next year. Planning on getting back into the homebrewing scene once I've settled down into a new place (moving back to Ohio). Previously brewed mead and fruit wines with a friend some years ago and looking to get back in the hobby.

Already planning to brew an Oktoberfestbier and an Oberon clone so that I can have my two favorite beers on a year-round basis.

The craft beer scene here in Taiwan is surprisingly diverse. The national brew, Taiwan Beer, is no better than your standard macrobrews of the western world though.

Anyways, just wanted to say hello and I'm looking forward to all the knowledge I'm sure I'll pick up from this community.

How is it in Taiwan?

Almost perfectly normal compared to the rest of the world right now. We just had our first domestic case of COVID transmission since April. Mask wearing is higher now compared to the same time last year, but otherwise you'd never know there was a pandemic going on.

Back