Gfci breaker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
traviswalken said:
I just purchased an ebiab system from high gravity. I need to replace my breaker with gfci. I have a cutler hammer box. Is there any reason this breaker won't work?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0027RTFC8/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1387333985&sr=8-3&pi=SL500_QL40

As long as your service panel is the same model/series as the breaker, it looks right to me. I have a Square-D Homeline series panel which requires Homeline breakers. Square-D QO-series breakers won't work as they have a slightly different form factor.

You are replacing an existing 30A breaker, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
What he said...Cutler hammer makes two styles of breakers that don't interchange with each other. They make a CH and a BR. Just make sure what your panel will accept before ordering. Good luck.

What he said...Cutler hammer makes two styles of breakers that don't interchange with each other. They make a CH and a BR. Just make sure what your panel will accept before ordering. Good luck.

+1

This breaker is a CH as long as you have a CH panel it will be fine.

Thanks guys. I will look at my box this evening and figure out whether I need br or ch style breakers.

Back