Force Carbonating Mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbiewinemaker

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

I got my kegging starter kit today and am in the process of making my keezer! I am super excited to try this set up out. I happen to have a batch of blueberry/red raspberry mead just about ready to bottle. I have champagne bottles and wire cages as well. My question is....... what psi do I set my regulator to so I can get a good carbonation level? I already know that it is best to get the mead cold before I do that so it holds the carbonation level. I am a first time kegger and this will be the first thing I ever put in a keg. I do plan on bottling this from the keg as well.

Any advice would be much appreciated! :tank:

Thanks!

I would like it fairly bubbly. I definitly do not want it towards the flatter side. Maybe something that resembles the carbonation level of a Moscato D'Asti. I read some people use 12 PSI for a week or 30 PSI for 36 hours. Would those be good?

I would like it fairly bubbly. I definitly do not want it towards the flatter side. Maybe something that resembles the carbonation level of a Moscato D'Asti. I read some people use 12 PSI for a week or 30 PSI for 36 hours. Would those be good?

To get to the carbonation you're talking about, you'll need more than that. I'd go with 30 PSI and check it periodically after 24hrs. Once it gets where you want it, you can drop it back down.

Latest posts

Back