Floodland Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adam is about as far as one can get from egotistical, but whatever makes you feel better. His thing is spreading the beer around and making sure as many people have a shot at it as opposed to one person or a group of people finding ways to monopolize it.
Yeah, that's not the public perception he gives off. I get that he's your buddy and gives you all special treatment and feelings but the general public thinks he's an egotistical prick.

if you don't care so much, then why do you constantly come back in this thread?

2XUp3Yx.gif
Because I was generally curious about Floodland, now I hate the place because of his "fans" and the owners policies and way he behaves.

^see what I am talking about with people from the PNW. If you can possibly remove your "locals only" bias for a second and look at this objectively you will see this dude is a egotistical prick. I shouldn't have to have "relevant experience" to read things online and form an opinion.

Trading = fine
Selling = nope
I personally find trading beer now a fools errand. It's much MUCH MUCH easier to just sell beer and then buy what you want. People in the trading game are always trying to win now. The days of fair trades and $4$ are mostly over unless you have established trade partners. I'm sure I will be called a shitlord fo this, but I don't see any difference in selling a beer at secondary vs getting $100's in beer for buying a $20-30 bottle.

I personally find trading beer now a fools errand. It's much MUCH MUCH easier to just sell beer and then buy what you want. People in the trading game are always trying to win now. The days of fair trades and $4$ are mostly over unless you have established trade partners.

I agree that trading beer is a **** show, which is why I don't do it. I just happily buy what I can get locally or pick things up when I'm traveling. I have access to plenty of good beer and don't give a **** about stuff out of region that I can't acquire. Maybe you should as well.

I agree that trading beer is a **** show, which is why I don't do it. I just happily buy what I can get locally or pick things up when I'm traveling. I have access to plenty of good beer and don't give a **** about stuff out of region that I can't acquire. Maybe you should as well.
I honestly haven't wanted anything from out of the area for well over a year. I live in what I call the land of spoils in Southern California (which the PNW is pretty much in the same boat). I actually made my new years resolution this year to not ship any beer other than the couple of CO brewery memberships I have. Honestly in those because I'm friends with the brewers and love the product. That being said I am still curious of other regions breweries. All I did here was ask some questions and got treated like I asked to **** peoples mothers. It's par for the course as people seem to have this biased hate against me.

I honestly haven't wanted anything from out of the area for well over a year. I live in what I call the land of spoils in Southern California (which the PNW is pretty much in the same boat). I actually made my new years resolution this year to not ship any beer other than the couple of CO brewery memberships I have. Honestly in those because I'm friends with the brewers and love the product. That being said I am still curious of other regions breweries. All I did here was ask some questions and got treated like I asked to **** peoples mothers. It's par for the course as people seem to have this biased hate against me.

You have a reputation that preceeds you, plus the way you respond is often hostile. Tone it down and stop trying to point fingers at others and maybe people won't jump to conclusions. If Floodland wants to prevent people from circumventing allotment limits and/or reselling their beers (as has been stated a million times, trading is fine), that's their right. If you don't like it, I'm sure you've got better things to do with your time than complain about it.

One Oakworks membership per household.
One public sale (non-Oakworks) 3-pack per household.

I don't see why that is such a problem.

You have a reputation that preceeds you, plus the way you respond is often hostile. Tone it down and stop trying to point fingers at others and maybe people won't jump to conclusions. If Floodland wants to prevent people from circumventing allotment limits and/or reselling their beers (as has been stated a million times, trading is fine), that's their right. If you don't like it, I'm sure you've got better things to do with your time than complain about it.

One Oakworks membership per household.
One public sale (non-Oakworks) 3-pack per household.

I don't see why that is such a problem.
You don't? So you just assume every woman is just a mule and there's no way she could actually like the beer too and want her own bottle? You don't recognize that roommates usually have similar interests and may both be interested in getting a bottle/membership?

You don't? So you just assume every woman is just a mule
It's been said before, but I'll repeat it, that you interpret this rule as being about women is a transparent view into your psyche. That you are arguing in bad faith is also apparent to everyone here. The rule is stated very clearly to exist as an attempt to "spread the beer around." Nowhere does it say that spouses/SOs are "mules." That was your interpretation, and I'm sorry you have that kind of emotional baggage.

The beer sells out quickly and I'd rather more people be able to drink it than that a romantic couple/throuple/etc have more of it to themselves. Since you are stalking my posts you know I've said that if the beer is more readily available and it doesn't sell out as fast that we'll remove the limitations on romantic couples.

The sales are online and who can click a link faster isn't a gender issue. That you are framing it in the context of dudes having "cool" girlfriends who "also want beer" is ****ing regressive.

It's been said before, but I'll repeat it, that you interpret this rule as being about women is a transparent view into your psyche. That you are arguing in bad faith is also apparent to everyone here. The rule is stated very clearly to exist as an attempt to "spread the beer around." Nowhere does it say that spouses/SOs are "mules." That was your interpretation, and I'm sorry you have that kind of emotional baggage.

The beer sells out quickly and I'd rather more people be able to drink it than that a romantic couple/throuple/etc have more of it to themselves. Since you are stalking my posts you know I've said that if the beer is more readily available and it doesn't sell out as fast that we'll remove the limitations on romantic couples.

The sales are online and who can click a link faster isn't a gender issue. That you are framing it in the context of dudes having "cool" girlfriends who "also want beer" is ****ing regressive.
So what about roommates that both like beer but have different schedules and aren’t able to share? **** them? Why do you assume that just because someone’s “****ing” someone else that they share beer? I know many couples (including myself) that have their own cellars and own beer circles that they share with. What about that case? They have to pick straws to see who gets the beer? It’s very clear you haven’t thought this through very hard. It’s also very clear that any outside observer finds this absurd and thinks you’re an egotistical maniac. Why don’t you just do all sales in person only? That’s the only way to really “spread the love” and make sure that no one sells your beer.

I’m not arguing just to argue. I’m just pointing out the obvious flaws that everyone except Adam and his followers see.

and that is your prerogative, it just appears it's reached a dead end is all. Maybe he is trying to cull the beer nerd population by making roomies fight to the death over bottles. Which, personally, I don't see as a bad thing.

and that is your prerogative, it just appears it's reached a dead end is all. Maybe he is trying to cull the beer nerd population by making roomies fight to the death over bottles. Which, personally, I don't see as a bad thing.
Is there a rule against doing this? I’m enjoying making this idiot continue to dig a hole.

Lined up early AF this morning cuz I had to be somewhere else w/ the fam afterward. Smooth operation at Bottleworks as per usual, and I’ve got a bottle of XX chillin’ in the fridge for later #happyanny #veryexcite

Back